Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. On the Trust team at Airbnb, we’re proud to be at the forefront of the sharing economy. We recognize that we are the leaders of a new, worldwide phenomenon, and it’s why we’ve worked so hard to build the trust at its foundation. With more than 100 million lifetime guests, and over 5.8 million listings in 245 countries, trust is what makes it work. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, and we are passionate about working to create the most trusted community in the world.
We’re looking for brilliant, full time Fraud and Abuse Investigation professionals to join our Trust Organisation. As a part of the Platform Integrity team, you will be responsible for identifying fraudulent online behaviours while connecting with our community. You will be working closely with Risk Product and other stakeholders to provide feedback and improve our models as well as focusing on analysing online patterns and trends in order to prevent any future bad contacts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Educating users on how to maintain security and safety while using Airbnb responsibly
- Maintain Subject Matter Expertise of the Platform Integrity team to successfully complete core work and escalations
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the purpose of the Platform Integrity Team
- Investigate complex situations and potential fraud surfaced in high volume queues
- Documenting findings in narrative style format and prepare reports to management as required Understand our risk systems and investigate account patterns through data analysis
- Working with operational lead to support cross-functional groups to develop and enhance internal policies and tools such as increasing automation, updating policies, and fixing product loopholes, etc.
- Identify market trends and product vulnerabilities. Create data-backed recommendations to respond to trends and to reduce vulnerabilities; work with senior members of the team and cross-functional groups to ensure these recommendations are executed
- Work with internal Product teams to enhance proactive and reactive risk detection as an informing or collaborating task
- Maintaining high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations
- Demonstrate great judgement and be open to sharing what you know with others
- 1- 2 years of experience within Risk, Fraud prevention or Trust and Safety
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 5 days work per week (40 hours), mutually agreed with your Lead, which may include weekend days and public holidays. Shifts may include evening or early morning hours
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, to help our community in a tactful and diplomatic manner. Ability to balance fraud prevention alongside a positive customer experience
- Solution and outcome-oriented
- Strong investigative ability, internet research, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to detect vulnerabilities in existing and new products or features, and anticipate the ever-evolving fraudulent behaviors
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. Ability to multitask, learn and adapt to new technologies
- Ability to remain calm in time sensitive situations; able to prioritize and respond to user and cross-functional team needs
- Ability to analyze data for patterns and detail oriented:
- SQL or equivalent experience with other coding languages is a plus
- Experience with customer ticketing systems, queues
- English fluency; both spoken and written; Mandarin proficiency is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit careers.airbnb.com.