This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 23, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year experience in data analysis, working with databases, and querying in SQL.
- 1 year experience in internet-based risk, abuse, fraud, data protection or security
- Experience in a scripting/programming language (e.g. Python)
- MS or PhD degree in a technical field (e.g., CS, Engineering, Math, Physics).
- Ability to understand complex engineering systems and processes and experience relaying communications between technical and non-technical teams.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills on ambiguous problems.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, with strong attention to detail and well organized to complete workload in a timely and effective manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment with a focus on knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to clearly communicate technical concepts with multiple cross-regional and cross-functional stakeholders.
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
Improve abuse prevention across Google by enabling products to make better decisions about which users to trust with the most powerful capabilities across our products.
As an Account Trust Analyst, you will focus on developing and evaluating new signals and approaches to detect abusive users and their actions across all platforms and products, as well as signals to identify legitimate users and understand their behavior.
You will improve Google products’ capacity for abuse prevention by making better decisions about which users to trust with the most powerful capabilities. You will closely collaborate with the broader Trust & Safety team, our engineering partners and product management teams to develop new approaches to defend Google and its products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in multiple languages.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Perform in-depth data analysis and look for patterns and trends to identify abusive accounts and attack vectors across Google products. Use data to design, evaluate and refine a model of user trustworthiness.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define policies across different products to prevent abusive actions.
- Transform data into intelligence to prevent, detect and mitigate abuse.
- Design, develop and maintain reliable data-processing infrastructure, metrics, and dashboards.
- Evaluate impact and quality of new signals on various account-related products across Google.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.