This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 6, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position. Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in drafting or enforcing policy for an online platform or engagement with online public policy issues.
- Experience working with global teams and communicating with stakeholders cross-functionally.
- Experience working internationally in the online platform space.
- Ability to identify trends from user data.
- Advanced negotiation, collaboration, and presentation skills.
- Ability to speak and write in more than one language fluently.
About the job
Fast-paced, dynamic and proactive, YouTube Trust and Safety is dedicated to ensuring that YouTube is a place for users, viewers, and creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world. As the Child Safety Content Policy Lead on the Trust and Safety team, you’re a natural at wearing multiple hats, taking initiative, and aligning colleagues around shared goals to better protect children online. You will seamlessly switch between developing child safety policies for YouTube content, briefing regional leaders and partners on the latest policy reform efforts, and encourage cross-functional projects. You’ll act as a bridge by helping in-region leaders and stakeholders better navigate our child safety policies and priorities. The Trust and Safety team helps YouTube grow responsibly. We’re dedicated to supporting the growing base of users and partners, and providing them with the highest levels of service. Our team members are proactive, motivated, thoughtful, organized, possess a global perspective, and are able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Develop, maintain, and update our global policies for the child safety area. Understand and clearly communicate the challenges and needs presented by the latest global trends.
- Influence cross-functional stakeholders and company executives regarding proposed content policy efforts.
- Lead research for developing new policies and understanding emerging risks as well as trainings.
- Work closely with global teams to ensure effective operationalization of global policies.
- Build and develop partnerships with partners across cross-functional groups including Public Policy, PR, Legal, Product, Engineering, and Sales.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.