This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on October 13, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
A Community Manager on Fandom’s Community Safety team specializes in ensuring the trust and safety of our Community Platform. In this particular role, you will focus on the more technical aspects of trust and safety at Fandom, such as helping our creator community create and maintain safe and performant custom tools for use on their communities, reviewing all custom code that is added to the platform by our creator community, and keeping an eye out for the kinds of spam, vandalism, or other malicious content in need of removal from the platform.
As a member of the Community Safety team, your goal is to address community and content issues that threaten the health of our brand, platform stability, or our community members. Through proactive policies and outreach, we strive to make our community culture a space free from toxicity, a platform where creators can customize their communities in a business-safe way, and an environment that is inclusive and safe for all.
- Work with Fandom’s technically-skilled creators to build out a thriving community for technical customizations to be safely shared, built, and utilized by our overall creator community.
- Assess the needs of the various staff and user tools used to moderate the many forms of content and user activity on the platform.
- Coordinate a team of volunteers focused on reacting to and preventing spam, vandalism, and other malicious content issues.
- Contribute to overall Trust and Safety initiatives that may involve more technical elements in global communication, Discord conversations, support tickets, and other forms of user outreach.
- 2+ years working with online communities in professional and/or volunteer capacities.
- Strong written communication skills, both in technical and creative writing.
- Functional comprehension of MySQL, PHP and SaaS concepts.
- A love of pop culture and fan communities.
- A proven track record of successful community or customer interactions.
- An eye for problem-solving.
- An ability to work with distributed teams in different time zones.
- A mindset that is collaborative and community-focused.
- A mindset that is business-oriented, collaborative, and comfortable with training and coaching volunteers
- Proficiency in the English language.
Bonus Points if You Have…
- Familiarity with graphics editors and graphic design
- Proficiency in CSS, JS, and other coding languages
- Basic familiarity with HTML
To apply for this job please visit about.fandom.com.