This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 25, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Trust organization protects, guides, and mobilizes the creation of trust in our community and on our platform. We hire quality talent who embody our company values and hold a steadfast commitment to creating a world where anyone in the Airbnb community can host, travel, and connect with peace of mind.
In Community Policy, our mission is to create and evolve principled policies, informed by rigorous research and stakeholder collaboration, to enable the application of our standards and sound policy guidance. We transform our Community Policies into accessible guides for our agent and Partner teams, and collaborate with our cross-functional partners to continuously maintain and improve our policies.
- You find it exciting to identify gaps and provide novel solutions to grey area situations
- You love solving complex problems with new techniques and are able to bring your unique perspective to any initiative you are involved in
- You enjoy educating and engaging cross-functional partners to make decisions about policies and processes that best support our community. You recognize opportunities that may have a broader impact and actively think about ways to share your knowledge at scale.
- You are passionate about evangelizing policies to both internal and external audiences and soliciting, then incorporating feedback to uplevel your work.
- You act as a resource for colleagues and team members to share industry best practices and your experience to uplevel more junior members of the team.
- You thrive with little guidance in a fast-moving environment and can adapt quickly to shifting priorities.
How you’ll make an impact
You’ll be building internal policies that will work to keep the Airbnb community safe and working with our agents to enforce them. You’ll educate and inform our cross-functional partners to help them make decisions about policies and processes that best support our community, thinking about how to partner with our community for today, tomorrow and beyond.
In this role you’ll get to
- Work as part of a global team to research and draft data-driven policies as scoped and prioritized across the business
- Guide policy operationalization efforts in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders
- Serve as subject matter expert to provide sound policy guidance for time-sensitive escalations, including from Operations and company leadership
- Engage and drive decisions with stakeholders across the business including but not limited to Public Policy, Legal, Product, Communications and Business Development
- Foster, build, and maintain relationships with leadership of emerging internal business verticals
- Gather and analyze data for insights on areas of opportunity to improve or design new policy and product solutions and partner across the organization accordingly
- Measure the adherence and effectiveness of Airbnb policies
- Regularly think through process improvements, structural team improvements
We are looking for people who have
- 3-4 years writing and launching complex policies
- Demonstrated capacity for critical thinking and analysis; strong attention to detail
- Ability to speak confidently on multiple complex policy areas
- Exceptional presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Clear facility with novel and highly abstract ideas
- Ability to write and launches complex policies on their own
- Ability to drive projects through to completion with both local and distributed teams with minimal guidance; strong time management and prioritization capabilities
- Demonstrated leadership skills with track-record of influence ad fostering consensus across an array of stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills with an express ability to exercise judgment and solve problems based on the analysis of multiple sources of information ( (qualitative and quantitative)
- Demonstrated and thoughtful business judgment, strategic thinking, and ability to work well under pressure
- Strong project management skills
- University degree or equivalent years of work experience (minimum 6 years)
- Experience working closely with operations teams, particularly in the Trust and Safety space
To apply for this job please visit careers.airbnb.com.