This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 29, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Do you believe that creators across Europe should get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energising their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion US dollars directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, and to ensure that we have industry leading policies in place, Patreon is looking for a Content Moderation Specialist based out of Porto.
Patreon deals with payment processing and content hosting, two areas that come with a huge number of risk factors. As a Content Moderation Specialist, you will protect Patreon and our creators from the risks we face. If you enjoy thinking about new and creative ways to stop online abuse and proactively identify potential issues, then this is the perfect role for you.
What you would do:
- Investigate users reported for violations of our content policy.
- When violations are found, reach out to the users and take appropriate corrective action.
- Investigate and respond to inquiries from users in areas of responsibility owned by the Content & Policy team.
- Help research and implement best practices as we build our Content & Policy team.
Skills you possess:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Written and oral proficiency in English.
- Able to balance empathy with skepticism while investigating potential violations.
- Interest in recording and analyzing data to find trends.
- Passion for and interest in Patreon and our mission.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Identify policy grey areas and make recommendations.
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we’re working towards this, please click here. If you identify with a traditionally underrepresented group of individuals in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.