This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on June 16, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and thoughtful team player to join our Policy team as a Content Policy Specialist based out of our New York or San Francisco office. Our team keeps Pinterest a safe, positive and welcoming environment for our 450 million global users by developing industry-leading content policies. You’ll maintain and help refine our policy documentation and manage our escalations processes. You’ll also work closely with our enforcement teams to train them on our policies, participate in quality & alignment exercises, solicit feedback on how our policies are working in practice, and propose updates to our policies. This role will sometimes involve reviewing graphic and disturbing content and discussing difficult subjects.
What you’ll do:
- Become an expert on our content policies and enforcement guidance
- Maintain thorough policy documentation and provide clear policy enforcement guidance
- Quickly and successfully answer questions about our content policies from our enforcement teams and other internal audiences
- Help train enforcement teams on our policies and participate in quality & alignment exercises
- Manage escalations processes
- Partner with Content Policy Managers on policy development, such as researching and helping draft content policies
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent judgement and critical thinking skills: you can assess numerous inputs, weigh tradeoffs, manage ambiguity, and make difficult decisions
- Experience in content moderation on the policy or operations side and an interest in policy development
- A stellar communicator who has strong writing skills and great verbal communication
- A detailed oriented leader who can maintain clear documentation, closely follow internal processes, and suggest improvements to our processes and practices
- A supportive teammate and skilled relationship builder who can develop and maintain effective partnerships with teammates and key internal stakeholders
To apply for this job please visit www.pinterestcareers.com.