This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on June 5, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with SQL, and one or more additional scripting/programming languages (e.g. Python).
- Experience with graph mining techniques.
- Experience with a programming language.
- Experience with advanced graph methods such as graph neural networks.
- Strong technical competency, with a data-driven analytical approach towards solving complex challenges.
- Calm under pressure, with an ability to function well in high-pressure situations and smoothly take the lead if necessary.
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
As a Child Safety Data Analyst within the Trust and Safety Team, you’ll be part of a global team that ensures the seamless detection and removal of content across the broad spectrum of online child endangerment.
Through close partnerships with Legal, Policy, Product, and Engineering, you’ll design and develop novel solutions to further Google’s ability to fight abuse in the Child Safety space.
In this role you will become an expert in the space and leverage your technological acumen to bring forward creative and ambitious solutions to very complex problems. Through your close partnerships with Legal, Policy, Product, and Engineering, you will drive projects impacting initiatives worldwide.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Conduct regular literature review to keep track of recent developments in the counter-abuse and technological space.
- Perform complex data analyses to derive insights that help identify emerging threats and fight abuse across our products.
- Identify opportunities for the improvement of Google’s detection and enforcement systems as well as for automation.
- Lead multiple interdependent projects of moderate to high complexity and scope.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure coordination and alignment on objectives and key results.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.