This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 23, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
About Us: At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world’s first marketplace of our kind and founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users and more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students and teachers across the world. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for: We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
Role Description: The Marketplace Integrity (“MI”) team is responsible for ensuring that TpT is trusted by educators as a safe and secure place to share and discover high quality, educator-created resources. We do this by setting and enforcing clear and fair policies that protect our users and protect the rights of content creators. As Director of Marketplace Integrity you will lead the MI function, primarily focused on its work enforcing TpT policies related to intellectual property and inappropriate content and you will report into TpT’s Chief Legal Officer. You will manage and represent the company internally and externally on high-profile sensitive matters with significant brand impact. You will leverage your in-depth knowledge of content moderation to provide advice to the Senior Leadership Team on highly complex matters with significant financial impact on business activities and operations. You will collaborate with leaders across the organization to establish strategic plans and objectives and will be accountable for outcomes, including to reduce the amount of inappropriate content and infringing content on TpT. A passion for learning, exceptional work ethic, and team-oriented mentality is essential for this high impact role.
- Provide operational guidance for the Marketplace Integrity Team, including its work enforcing our Intellectual Property, Inappropriate Content, Fraud and other policies.
- Develop team OKRs and manage respective KPIs and SLAs.
- Forecast capacity required to meet MI’s SLAs and support the team’s project-based initiatives.
- Track and monitor performance of team members; provide team and individual guidance and support as needed.
- Develop, grow, and maintain a scaled, stable MI organization.
- Create an organization structure that trains and empowers future team leaders (succession planning), including managing and defining career pathing;
- Hire, train, and develop team members;
- Create training processes and artifacts to onboard new team members;
- Responsible for engagement, results and retention of MI team.
- Strategize and support enforcement of MI’s policies beyond the TpT marketplace including e.g., videos, community forums, digital tools, etc.
- Establish standard processes for MI.
- Create processes and guidelines to ensure consistent, and trackable enforcement of MI’s policies.
- Align processes with broader organization needs.
- Lead assessment, selection and implementation of key tools and systems.
- Oversee the management of tools such as Zendesk, admin panel, and site FAQs.
- Coordinate with technical teams to maintain and iterate on foundational systems.
- Represent MI with key external stakeholders including e.g., the press, our Content Moderation Advisory Board, school administrators and TpT sellers.
- Act as the primary point of contact for internal stakeholders (e.g., Legal, Finance, ECI, Seller Team, Marketing and Communications and Product) for enabling company initiatives.
- Coordinate to ensure planned launches (product, marketing, or other) have appropriate MI support.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- You’re productive and efficient, able to juggle multiple stakeholders and projects at one time, and get it all done in a fast-paced, growing company
- You are an energetic ideas person, constantly generating
- You have excellent strategic thinking and creative problem solving skills
- You have a collaborative work style, high tolerance for ambiguity and change, and are able to incorporate feedback and manage to deadlines
- You present recommendations and decisions in a clear and articulate manner, both in writing and in person, and are adept at communicating concisely with executive teams
- BA/BS degree
- 3+ years of people manager experience
- 5+ years of Trust + Safety experience, with a background in content moderation
- Strong operational experience
- Experience enforcing the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and engaging with Intellectual Property Rightsholders
- Strong understanding of the education industry and teachers
- Passion for our mission
Benefits & Perks: At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually and collectively. To achieve our mission of ‘Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best,’ we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are “We Learn and Grow Together” and “We Enjoy the Journey.” We’ve committed to these values and to our employees through investing in added benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership – 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO and Wellness Days
- 5 Week “Recharge Leave” after 5 Years, to refresh and celebrate the impact you’ve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mother’s Room
- ‘Employee Resource Groups’ (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity and belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate and learn from each other
- ‘Professional Development’ Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including – but not limited to – subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality. Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known. Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.