This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 23, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Community Operations’ focus is on supporting our users through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions, and on improving the health of our products by helping people understand how to use them. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people’s issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Trust & Safety executive to lead our efforts for Misinformation, Inauthentic Behaviour, Identity and Actor Operations. This includes our efforts in fake accounts, impersonation, spam, misinformation and health integrity spanning both content and behavioural signals. This team is responsible for keeping the Facebook platform safe for our community of 2 billion users.
Successful candidates for this team love managing people and coaching them in their career journey. Creating a fun and inclusive culture is important to you. You are a structured problem solver who loves identifying new strategies and driving improvements across our global teams. You swiftly identify the signal from the noise and leverage your strong Executive Communications to help frame up key messages and enable support for your team. You deftly work cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally. If you are energised by the goal of giving people the power to build community and bring the world closer together and have a passion for helping others, this role is for you.
Director of Misinformation and Actor Operations, Community Operations Responsibilities
- Lead the global integrity process and protocols function for Misinformation and Actor teams, specifically projects and teams that support Trust & Safety across the growing Facebook and Instagram communities
- Serve as cross-functional leader, working with leaders and teams across the company to identify new strategic areas for investment and build out the operations to support them.
- Be a strong leader within Facebook on the goals and priorities for Operations to improve the quality, transparency and outcomes that enable the user experience
- Enable new product launches, and collaborate closely with Facebook product and engineering teams achieve a collective multi-year vision
- Build and retain a world class team through providing mentorship, guidance and career development
- Manage and maintain strong direct relationships with Facebook’s key partners
- 10+ years of experience in trust & safety, operations or crisis management with a track record of success in building, improving, growing that business
- 7+ years of experience managing leaders and managing remotely across regions, proven track record of attracting, scaling and developing teams
To apply for this job please visit www.facebook.com.