Website Peer Health Exchange
This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on July 25, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Peer Health Exchange (PHE) is a national non-profit organization that builds healthier communities with young people. Together, we create education opportunities for peers to share the tools and resources young people need to make healthy decisions. Peer Health Exchange with our partners, will advance health equity and improve health outcomes for young people in under-resourced communities. Since 2003, we have trained more than 15,000 college students to deliver health education to over 188,000 high school-aged young people in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, the San Francisco Bay Area, Denver, Dallas, Detroit, Santa Fe, St. Louis, Cincinnati, Richmond, Roanoke, Charleston, and Stockton, California.
Looking for more information about our awesome benefits, salary and more? Visit us at
As the Director, Safety you will develop and manage policies, procedures, and trainings to ensure safe user engagement on the selfsea app. You will report directly to the AVP, Direct-to- Youth. This is a full-time, salaried position based in any of our PHE offices. All PHE staff are currently temporarily remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here’s what you will do as part of our team:
50% Monitor and Training
- Develop onboarding, on-going trainings, and support for selfsea (app) Fellows, Volunteers, and Manager, Safety
- Develop, maintain, evaluate, and update safety policies, including on restorative moderation, to ensure a safe and positive experience for users and moderators; partner with outside counsel on revision of these policies as needed
- Develop and facilitate scalable enforcement and escalation workflows to ensure user safety, including crisis management
- Develop and oversee support systems for volunteer moderators
- Collaborate with the product team to develop systems to effectively and efficiently monitor selfsea (app) youth and near-peer conversations and to continue to evolve the product to meet users’ needs
50% Staff Management
- Manage and develop direct reports (Manager, Safety) to a sustained high level of performance through coaching, mentorship, to ensure that they are constantly acquiring new skills, as well as enhancing and growing their current skills
- Create and implement effective and relevant staff onboarding and training in conjunction with other departments
- Create, in partnership with Talent Team and AVP, Direct-to-Youth selfsea plans, practices, and structures for rapidly and safely scaling this team to meet user demand for selfsea
- Exemplify to PHE’s core values and advance PHE’s vision for health equity in all aspects of our work, internally and externally
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Demonstrate a strong passion for PHE’s mission to build healthier communities with young people; strong alignment with PHE’s core values of Health Equity, Commitment, Communication, Agency, and Impact
- Centers youth inclusion, community partnership, and equity work visibly, broadly, in action in part through deep listening and hearing with a lens of inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to operate from a lens that affirms identities and centers youth voice
- Advanced degree or licensure in mental health field (e.g. Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, LCSW, LMHC, LPC, )
- 7 years of relevant work experience
- 3 years of staff management experience
- Training and facilitation experience, particularly related to capacity building/ skill development
- Experience with direct-to-consumer health supports (i.e. crisis lines) and/or discussion forum moderation
To apply for this job please visit phe.bamboohr.com.