This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 1, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
As Director of Trust & Safety at Handshake, you’ll join our growing team and set the company’s central strategy for creating and enhancing our overall Trust and Safety vision, strategy, and operations. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Global Support, this role will lead all Trust & Safety initiatives, lead the development and continual improvement of our policies and operations, and most importantly, be a champion for our users and make sure we create the most trusted career network. You will partner directly with senior leadership and crossfunctional stakeholders to implement change initiatives across the organization, align priorities with company strategy, and collaborate with Global Support, Product, Engineering, Legal, Marketing, and Customer Success teams to ensure Handshake’s Trust & Safety is of the highest quality.
Leadership, Development, Planning
- Create an overall Trust and Safety vision and strategy that includes proactive support and alignment towards broader strategic initiatives
- Hire, train, and empower Managers and/or Individual Contributors responsible for work streams including content moderation, compliance, investigations, account security, and fraudulent activity. The team currently consists of one Manager, 4 individual contributors, and 20 BPO staff across North America, and 3 individual contributors in the UK.
- Lead Trust & Safety day-to-day team operations, provide coaching and feedback to ensure that the team maintains a high level of productivity and quality
- Ensure the work of our fully distributed team is optimized to drive operational efficiency, efficacy, and excellence in maintaining a safe platform
- Deeply understand the Handshake business, platform, and metrics that impact Trust & Safety across the brand and identify strategies to support our direction
- Manage third-party vendors and lead the selection of new vendors (negotiate, review, and approve partner contracts). Develop and monitor their performance, accuracy and quality and ensure alignment with other customer-facing teams
- Provide strategic direction, partner with, and gain consensus from relevant stakeholders on key issues and initiatives and drive a vision focused on quality, inclusivity, delivery, sustainability and customer satisfaction
- Partner and collaborate with Product, Engineering, Analytics, Global Support, Customer Success, Marketing, Legal, and Sales to identify safety products, policies and best practices
- Advocate for safety for all users and identify opportunities to better mitigate risk
Policy and Brand
- Lead policy development with input from users, cross-functional teams, and external advisors
- Lead the creation of internal and external guidelines and policies for the Trust & Safety and Global Support teams, as well as ensuring the team is up to date on all policy, process and product changes
- Lead all internationalization efforts for the Trust & Safety team
- Lead the development of Transparency Reports, educational content, advisory groups, and other programs
- Gather and analyze data, compile information, and use metrics to analyze trends within the Trust & Safety and Global Support departments and provide recommendations
- Communicate and report overall status, primary metrics, key issues and solution plans to key partners and leaders
- Deliver customer feedback to ensure end to end awareness among cross-functional teams; collaborate with internal and external partners to identify opportunities for improvement
- 5+ years of experience in relevant fields such as Trust & Safety, customer experience, fraud and/or risk environment within the digital/social media, recruiting, and/or marketplace landscape
- 3+ years of experience with or ability to lead and manage Trust and Safety teams of 25-50+
- 2+ years of experience with vendor selection, onboarding, management, and partnership
- Demonstrated desire for world-class trust and safety and the ability to translate needs into innovative products and features.
- Possess a track record of leveraging insight and data analysis to determine the best ways to exceed needs
- Strong demonstrated track record of developing and implementing initiatives, practices, and plans in collaboration with senior leadership to capitalize on opportunities to enhance the overall customer experience
- Possesses an extensive track record for change management, delivering cutting edge, technology-driven customer service and operational excellence
- Strong track record of hiring and developing great talent across a broad spectrum of geographies; delivering superior results and developing a customer focused culture; developing a succession management plan; proactively coaches and mentors direct reports and other individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience as a thought leader in the Trust & Safety space with a hunger for innovation
- Willingness to travel to SF and Denver to frequently collaborate with Partnerships, Success, Product, and Engineering teams
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Experience or comfort working in a high-growth environment
- Experience working in the educational and/or recruiting industries
- Knowledge of Fraud prevention/detection tools
- Experience using Zendesk and Looker or Mode
- Experience with SQL
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- …And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.