This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 25, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
About Trust & Safety Operations
The Trust & Safety Operations team makes DonorsChoose a charity people can trust. We protect the integrity of the DonorsChoose mission so that students in every community have the tools and experiences they need for a great education. We do this by creating user-focused policies, developing systems to prevent fraud and ensure security, monitoring and taking swift action to investigate potential misuse, and more—all in support of fighting inequity, and particularly racial inequity, in public education.
About the Role
As our next Trust & Safety Director, you are looking for more than just a job—you’re looking for an organization whose mission aligns with your values. You are eager to lead a high-functioning team focused on security, data privacy, policy, risk management, and data integrity. In this role, you will report to the Senior Vice President of Operations and will:
- Own the Trust & Safety team’s strategic vision and tactical, day-to-day operations. Define objectives, key results, and performance metrics that align with the Operations team’s strategic vision and clearly define the goals and success for your team.
- Manage a team of full-time and part-time Trust & Safety experts. You’ll hire, grow, coach, and provide feedback to ensure that the team maintains a high level of productivity and quality.
- Level-up our ability to address security threats in an increasingly risky online environment. Strategize and implement security changes necessary for growth and scalability, to protect from data breaches and high-profile security incidents. Design and deploy tools for standardizing and tracking security metrics.
- Lead the organization’s strategy around data privacy and student safety, and liaise with legal to formulate policies to support its implementation.
- Lead risk management and mitigation against fraud and other policy misuse.
Own the integrity of data managed by your team of school data experts to ensure complete and up-to-date school information for our teachers, donors, and partners.
This position might be for you if you are:
- Mission driven. You care deeply about education and share our organization’s commitment to racial and economic equity in America’s public schools.
- An empathetic leader. You lead by example, and you value and seek to understand the perspective of each individual on your team.
- An experienced manager. You have spent time developing direct reports, and ideally have team leadership experience.
- An exceptional communicator and collaborator. You have significant experience working cross functionally, managing multiple stakeholders, and gaining buy-in.
- Data and process oriented. You have excellent data analysis skills and are comfortable using data software to analyze risk and impact, and inform decision making. (We use Looker.)
- An experienced professional in one or more areas of Trust & Safety. You have been responsible for protecting security, you’ve owned data privacy, or you have owned the risk management function (ideally including financial and reputational risk) of a company or other entity.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation for this role is competitive with equivalent roles at other nonprofits of our size. In addition, we offer full-time staff 25 paid vacation days per year and 11 paid holidays, a rich employer-paid individual and family health plan, a matching 401(k) plan (up to 5% of base salary), annual professional development stipend, and casual and flexible work environment. To learn more about what it is like to work for DonorsChoose, visit our careers page
Apply online with a resume and cover letter addressed to Maya Lundhagen, Senior Vice President of Operations. We’ll begin reviewing applications on May 14th and will be accepted on a rolling basis until the role is filled.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.