Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
As the Escalations Manager, you will be an integral member of the Integrity Operations leading a team of highly skilled specialists who conduct complex investigations of our escalations. You will partner with Trust Customer Experiences leadership to support initiatives and programs that solve new and emerging threats to Airbnb. You will be at the forefront of keeping abreast of trends and issues impacting our customers. You will ensure customers are heard throughout the escalation process by establishing correct expectations, enforcing relief and providing effective communication.
As the manager, you will be responsible to provide insights into opportunities to improve processes, policies and technologies across multiple domains. You will be expected to participate in strategic planning and project road mapping activities for the team. You will leverage your analytical and data skills to dive deep on a myriad of issues to help our customers and investigators, work with stakeholders to identify trends and provide recommendations to avoid the issues to persist in future. You will have a broad understanding of how your team functions within the Trust family and the impact your team has on our community to make adjustments and improvements as needed. You will utilize strong communication skills to convey the needs of your team while balancing the goals of the business as a whole.
- Identifying, analyzing, and initiating the trust escalation and appeals process in an organization based on the escalation criteria specified by the organization.
- Linking the escalation task with incident problem records, identifying suitable service provider contacts, and finding the appropriate customer management services qualified for the task.
- Assembling the escalation management team which includes the incident owner, problem owner, and other professionals in the specified area of expertise.
- Establishing accurate expectations from the escalating procedures, enforcing relief to the customers, and reviewing the situation appraisal formulated by the escalation team for ensuring the consumer satisfaction throughout the escalation process.
- Initiating hierarchical escalation process as per the incident management process, including senior authorities and asking for their support, if the need arises.
- Updating and maintaining escalation process records at each stage, updating the same in management data, and reviewing and adjusting the escalation process accordingly.
- Informing the business about the escalation performance metrics, reviewing the root cause of escalation for improving the escalation procedures, and maintaining compliance with the corporate and regional escalation policies.
- Assuring the team’s availability if the problem arises during the monitoring period, closing the escalation process once the monitoring period is completed successfully, and ensuring customer satisfaction before closing the escalation.
- Identify opportunities to turn escalations into a success story.
This role requires building and maintaining relationships with the following stakeholders, outside your Reporting line:
- Project Managers, Operations Analyst, Partner Management, CS Quality Programs, CS Training Operations
- Content, Policy, Training, Quality, Partners*, as potential Cross-functional Areas of Focus**
*Outsourcing Partner Leadership
**Cross-functional areas of focus formalize the subject matter expertise and points of contact needed for non-Ops supporting teams—to streamline communication, monitor business and tools, and to increase the capacity to which we make and push changes.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements
- 10+ years of experience working in large-scale operations, domains such as online operations, escalations, informational systems, compliance, risk management, policy, legal operations or management consulting
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Communication: Demonstrated experience influencing across functional boundaries and/or globally
- Analytical and problem-solving experience
- Advanced experience with agile operations
- Proven ability to work independently and deal with a high level of ambiguity.
- Proven presentation skills regarding complex and sensitive customer issues and ability to query, analyze and draw reasonable conclusions from large data sets.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills including ability to negotiate on recommendations with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated track record of driving change and innovation and thinking out-of-box outlook.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in responding to tight deadlines and workflow fluctuations.
- Experience leading a team.
- Pursuing Excellence (operational): You set the highest standards of quality for your work, and hold yourself and others accountable. You understand the importance of delivering excellent products and services to our community, and you’re rigorous about examining and improving your own work to ensure it’s always as good as it can be. Even when you’re successful, you never stop looking for ways to improve. You pay close attention to details, no matter how small.
- Informing (communication): You proactively inform people and teams in a timely and accurate manner. You explain What, How, and Why, and provide all of the necessary context. You communicate clear, relevant, and succinct information to the right people at the right time, in a way that reduces confusion and builds trust. You keep relevant parties updated when timelines change. You adjust your tone and style to what is most appropriate for your situation or audience. You can productively engage in difficult conversations regardless of setting.
- Collaborating (interpersonal): You work effectively with others in one-on-one or group settings. You strive to listen more than you speak, and you frame suggestions as questions rather than orders. You openly receive new ideas and contribute your own. You help others, regardless of ownership or relationship. You’re not perceived as a person who slows down progress. You focus on achieving a desired result, not on owning a project or receiving credit for the outcome. You understand the need for an open and collaborative team environment, and you foster this in your interactions with others. You utilize strategic partnerships to achieve your goals.
To apply for this job please visit careers.airbnb.com.