This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 31, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy.
Our Trust & Safety team’s commitment is to keep our online community safe. We have invested heavily in human and machine-based moderation to remove harmful content quickly and often before it reaches our general community.
The Trust & Safety Policy team develops and reviews our community policies to promote a positive and safe environment for all of our Users and Content Creators to enjoy and express themselves.
As a Global Product Policy Issue Lead, you are an expert on hate speech, hateful behaviors, and hateful organizations and have an in-depth understanding of the impact of technology, media, and cultural trends on online hate. You will be a key organizer and influencer, leading a team in driving policy development and implementation to uphold the highest standards of online safety.
What will I be doing?
- You’ll be responsible for our global content policy strategy against hate speech and hateful content, coordinating individuals across different hubs (Singapore, Dublin, US).
- You’ll craft and assist in implementing, both internally and externally, content policies for our global community on the TikTok platform which focuses on hate speech, hateful organizations and hateful behaviours.
- You’ll collaborate with Public Policy, Product, Operations, Legal, and Public Relations teams to improve content policies and streamline enforcement policies and processes
- You’ll act as a global escalation point of contact, align all stakeholders, and respond to emergency content safety-related cases
- You’ll help build and lead a high-performing policy team, manage cross-team relations and optimize policy iteration & implementation procedures to deliver high-quality results
What should I bring with me?
- You have an academic background in Public Policy, Law, or related experience
- You have extensive knowledge and understanding of hate speech, hateful behaviors, and hateful organizations
- You have significant experience in policy, policy enforcement, or public policy, specifically in technology/social media/content
- You have experience with international Internet/social media/content issues
- People management experience is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiktok.com.