This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 26, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
TaskUs is looking for a Global Policy Lead (Director Level) to work with the Director of Policy on the development, distribution, management and optimization of policy for a large social media client. The TaskUs Content Security Practice works closely with the most innovative social platform companies in the world and is dedicated to two things: making the internet a safer place for users, and ensuring the people working on the frontline of content moderation are safe and empowered for success. Policies, workflows, and enforcement guidelines shift in real-time, reflecting the ever-changing society we live in. In this role, you will be responsible for bridging the gap between client needs, internal operational challenges, and geopolitical/social forces around Safety related content. You need to be able to identify opportunities of work within Content Moderation and consistently provide valuable insight to our clients.
- Act as Global Policy Lead across multiple lines of business in different geographies, working closely with embedded Policy Managers, the TaskUs Content Security Practice and the client.
- Ensure a seamless collaboration between Quality, Training and Policy and identify ways to improve inputs and outputs between those 3 components
- Embed with the Operations team, be involved in business reviews and understand operational challenges
- Be the link between the Policy Managers and ensure successful policy and processes initiatives are adopted across the board
- Support and coordinate the Policy Managers and Policy SMEs so they successfully reach their goals around:
- Coordinating the exchange of Policy-related information from and with the Client and disseminating details across other teams
- Engaging with Training and Quality teams regularly to ensure robust and consistent enforcement and correct understanding of Client’s policies are being reinforced
- Ensuring effective knowledge sharing and sign off/approval processes are in place for Training or Policy between any Vendors and client team
- Flagging any resource constraints, policy issues or inconsistencies in a timely manner; gather insights and offer policy suggestions based on the direct application of the policies
- Provide measured and actionable policy feedback to the client
- Work with the Policy Director to develop the Safety Policy Development Strategy.
- Help build scaled listening capability across a variety of internal and external channels e.g. regulatory bodies, user feedback, operational metrics, employee feedback, competitor analysis, media coverage
- Identify policy and processes enhancement across current practices and LOBs
- Serve as the subject-matter expert and advisor for cross-functional stakeholders across the business including Operations, Public Policy, Legal, Communications and Client Services
- Manage and improve several Policy area in order to improve accuracy and close gaps
- Conduct root cause analyses and risk investigations to identify area for improvement
- BPO and/or vendor partnership experience is highly preferred.
- Experience leading and influencing global matrix-style organizations
- Policy drafting experience with hands-on experience dealing with online safety issues
- Experience tackling ambiguous problems and designing scaled solutions to drive business outcomes.
- Experience designing complex Operational workflows and designing an operational project from scratch.
- Experience building training content, teaching and developing online learning resources highly preferred.
- Demonstrated capacity for critical thinking, research, and analysis; strong attention to details
- 40% time availability to travel globally.