This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on June 5, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience designing experiments.
- 2 years of experience as a quality testing lead (e.g., user acceptance, functional, regression, and usability).
- Program management experience.
- Experienced and certified in Six Sigma and Program Management: Black Belt, PMP certification, IAOP Certified Outsourcing Professional.
- 3 years of experience with SQL and or statistical software (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB, pandas).
- 3 years of experience with machine learning classification systems, ranking systems, or similar.
- 2 years of experience with data visualization and organizing data to provide insights and make business recommendations.
- Change management and stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence without authority.
About the job
Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube’s Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
In this role, you will manage the launches for new policies, workflows, tooling, and UI optimizations. You will be heavily involved in leading and coordinating efforts that may seem ambiguous at first, and will use your experience and ability to influence teams and decision making to drive projects forward. You may also support our engineering teams with running experiments to gain insights for better decision making, user acceptance testing, and efficiency projects that make our operations run better and faster.
The team serves as gatekeepers to ensure minimum viable products are delivered prior to scaling across our global operations. You will help us navigate an ambiguous path ahead and help build lasting frameworks and processes to build for scale. You will work well in a fast-paced, global, cross-functional, and team-oriented environment while demonstrating technical know-how, effective communication, and an ability to get things done.
You may be exposed to graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive video content during team escalations in line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Plan, manage, and execute incubation projects (e.g. setting up experiments, tool testing and incubation, policy incubation, and classifier training efforts).
- Define success criteria, lead and coordinate efforts with cross-functional teams, manage schedules and risks, and own the key performance indicators reporting.
- Recommend and make data driven decisions to identify and fix enforcement gaps, grey areas, and subjectivity.
- Work closely with engineers, and interact cross-functionally with teams to improve operational efficiency via process improvements, automation, and anti-abuse system creation.
- Manage stakeholder expectations through effective communications and manage change.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.