This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on June 5, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree of Law or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in an equivalent role of advising or handling and responding to user complaints and grievances.
- Experience of working on customer disputes product advisory assignments and handling litigation in India with In-house experience with a multi-national company.
- Knowledge of Google products and the broader technology industry.
- Excellent analytical, advisory, negotiation, and drafting skills. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Well-organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
As a Grievance Officer, you will be part of the team responsible for proving compliance with existing and emerging content regulations. We balance regulatory requirements with the dynamic needs of our users and the values of our company. In this role, you will be on the front line of our technical capability development and maturation. You will be responsible for designing, building, implementing, and maintaining the systems, tools, data, and processes that will deliver defensible risk and compliance at Google scale. To be effective in this role, you will be adept at creative thinking, solving new problems, and agile execution at fast speed. You will design systematic solutions to complex problems, analyze data trends, and communicate recommendations to executives and help drive scalable processes.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Work on user complaints, coordinating with different functions and ensuring resolution is provided to the user within pre-defined timelines.
- Advise internal teams on certain matters pertaining to user complaints.
- Ensure adherence to relevant internal policies and processes, driving process improvement, including identifying communication and process gaps, and addressing them to optimize user experience.
- Advise cross-functional teams including legal and Trust and Safety with regard to potential legal risks in India. Ensure compliance with applicable laws across all aspects of Google’s operations in region.
- Assist the internal teams in responding to and managing regulatory inquiries relevant to user complaints and grievances.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.