This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 11, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
What You’ll Do:
- Learn the dynamics of the Tinder team and business, and develop a deep understanding for how Trust & Safety factors into the experience of our members and the success of the business.
- Lead teams – including other PMs, analysts, and engineers – that develop all of user-facing features to improve member safety.
- Work with the policy team to craft educational programs to reduce the occurrence of bad behavior on and off platform.
- Develop a scalable framework for applying safety content across the globe.
- Collaborate with other product groups to ensure safety features enabled throughout the Tinder journey.
- Drive the roadmap and communicate the results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, including team members, PM peers and executives.
- Collaborate with research teams, internal and external partners to craft expert and research-informed safety strategies.
- Self-starter: You have a bias toward action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Analytical: You let data win arguments, and you’re equally comfortable answering your own questions using analytics tools or collaborating with a data analyst. You also know how to find convincing inputs when the data you want isn’t readily available or obvious.
- Empathetic: You try to see the world through the eyes of people who don’t look, think or live where you do.
- Problem solver: You can independently translate high-level goals into meaningful plans.
What You’ll Need:
- University degree, ideally with technical or business background or a mix of education and experience.
- 4+ years of product management in a fast-growing consumer tech, full-stack SaaS or consulting business.
- 2+ years of working in Trust & Safety, with specific focus on user-facing safety features, tools and education, and development of go-to-market plans.
- 1-2 years of leading and mentoring PMs and other collaborators.
- Experience working with third-party experts and NGOs.
- Experience defining metrics and making product and strategic decisions based on A/B testing and/or qualitative feedback.
- The ability to assess the impact of a feature not only on end-users but on the platform.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.