This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 23, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Patreon is looking for someone to…
Build and lead a world-class content moderation team that fosters unparalleled levels of trust between Patreon, creators, and patrons on our platform. It’s imperative that content on Patreon builds an intimate and safe venue for a diverse range of creators and communities.
What you would do:
- Set a multi-year vision and strategy for our global content moderation team to ensure that content on Patreon falls within our community guidelines.
- Hire leaders and build a stunning team that exemplifies empathy, clarity, and delivers outstanding results.
- Ensure every touchpoint with the Patreon Content Moderation team is in line with our creator-first value. Blend technical solutions with human interaction to ensure interactions with creators are efficient, helpful, and uniquely delightful. We seek a leader willing to innovate in the space rather than adopt best practices that too frequently fall short of user expectations.
- Establish operational excellence in our decision-making and user-facing communication processes.
- Inspire, motivate, and project manage cross functional teams, including teammates from our Support, Account Management, Legal, Policy, Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Communications departments.
Skills and qualities we seek:
- Growth mindset – You strive for greatness; your curiosity is limitless; you have an intense desire to learn and explore.
- Judgement – You have a history of making tough decisions based on complex information and difficult tradeoffs.
- Strategic and analytical thinking – You ask incisive questions that uncover the heart of an issue; you frame data so that it effectively conveys the right takeaways.
- Team building – You’re prepared to build and lead a team that contributes to a culture of high performance and unusual compassion. You’ve led a Trust and Safety team for multiple years, and have scaled with a company from 100-500+ employees.
- Expertise – You have at least 10 years experience working on Trust and Safety, Risk, and/or Content teams. You understand the technological tools and software in the space to help scale operations and get the job done.
- Management – Your management craft is honed. You’re eager to foster learning and growth for others in addition to yourself; you’re an expert at giving and receiving feedback.
- Written and Verbal communication – You are a clear and effective communicator. You are comfortable engaging and debating an executive team.
- Project management – You have successfully run company-wide initiatives across multiple departments.
- Creator Centrism – You respect, understand, and admire the creative class.
Whom you will work with:
- This role reports to the VP of Operations, who reports to the CEO.
- On day one you will lead a sizable team across three geographies (Bay area, Omaha, Portugal).
- This role participates in Patreon’s cross-functional risk council.
- This leader will work closely with Patreon’s executive team, Risk Product team, Policy team, and Go To Market team.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.