This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 31, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Otter is on a mission to create a world of care and opportunity by connecting parents who need childcare with stay at home parents who can care for their kids. If we succeed, every child will have access to safe, high-quality childcare and every stay at home parent will be economically empowered in a way never before possible. Over the next ten years, Otter will facilitate millions of hours of childcare and unlock billions of new economic opportunities for stay at home parents.
Otter is growing quickly!
Otter’s growth has surpassed our most optimistic expectations; Otter is live in two cities, growing quickly, and we have more demand than we can keep up with. We’re building a category-defining childcare solution for today’s families and we’re well positioned to build the defining technology company in the $75B childcare category. Otter has attracted funding from leading venture investors and angels, including Andreessen Horowitz, Abstract Ventures, Michael Ovitz, Scott Belsky, Dylan Field, and Kevin and Julia Hartz.
Trust is the catalyst for all that we do. That is why we are looking for a trust and safety leader unusually early in our existence. We know we need a transformational leader to build trust and safety into our company product and DNA from the ground up.
In this role, you will have primary responsibility for building, refining, and scaling a best-in-class trust and safety program. To that end, you will be well-resourced, have programmatic support from the company’s most senior leadership, and be able to shape the product and company direction.
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of Otter’s trust and safety structure and lay the groundwork for scaling a top quality trust and safety program that keeps up with the organization’s growth.
- Build and mentor a high-performing trust and safety team by creating an inclusive and psychologically safe environment.
- Playbook and manage responsive trust and safety escalations both internally and externally, including by handling all interactions with law enforcement.
- Build proactive efforts to avoid trust and safety incidents before they occur.
- Collaborate with leadership across the organization to ensure trust and safety are built into the core of the product.
What you’re great at
- Senior management in Trust and Safety, Fraud, Risk Management, likely with 10 years’ experience.
- Operations management, demonstrating measurable process improvement results.
- Collaborating with product, engineering, analytics, operations and other teams to improve trust across the platform.
- Empathizing with and supporting users and team members in stressful and challenging circumstances.
Who you are
- You believe care work is real work.
- You have superior communication skills, including the ability to prioritize and efficiently and transparently communicate results at a team, executive, and company level.
- People who know you would call you a team player with a desire to jump in and be “hands on” as needed.
- You’re willing to talk about your work in writing so you can contribute to a company culture where we learn from one another so we can learn faster together.
- You embrace Otter’s values and operating principles.