This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 18, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Head of Trust & Safety
Peerspace is on a mission to bring people together. Our marketplace uncovers the world’s most unique spaces—such as lofts, rooftops, and galleries—and opens them for people to book almost any activity. With Peerspace, guests have hosted weddings, film & photo shoots, team meetings, and more. In total, over 5 million people have attended a Peerspace booking, and we’re looking for people who want to reach the next 50 million.
Our commitment to the safety and trustworthiness of our platform cannot be overstated. Peerspace’s Trust & Safety (T&S) team sits on the front lines to enable a safe transacting community and provide a leading voice concerning platform policy, user safety, identity, and risk management. Each day, our team commits itself to preventing abuse of our Terms and Community Guidelines while providing positive resolutions to sensitive situations. Learn more about T&S at Peerspace.
As the Head of Trust & Safety, you’ll be a passionate advocate for customer safety, and you’ll bring that perspective to the entire operations organization (and the rest of the company). You need to be quantitative but you’ll also have the intuition and courage to know how to move ahead confidently in the absence of data. Most importantly, you’ll bring deep customer empathy, balanced with a laser focus on delivering the right operating experience to serve the business’ trust building goals.
● You’ll own all fraud, identity, legal compliance, chargebacks, and customer risk escalation initiatives, collaborating with key stakeholders to set long term objectives, KPIs, and closely track progress and report against the team’s goals.
● Manage, mentor, and execute alongside a team of hard charging, investigative T&S experts within our Customer Operations group to deliver on our business goals of user risk mitigation and loss prevention.
● Own our Trust & Safety roadmap and collaborate with product, engineering, and data teams to scale features, tools, and processes needed to meet the needs of our users.
● Act as Peerspace’s Operations lead on high priority and emergency escalations, serving as a key company representative on the most urgent issues that arise. Investigate and provide visibility on items that require assistance at the leadership level.
● Partner with our Customer Experience team, insurance, and outside counsel to guide our policies and actions proactively so we are prepared for any situation.
● Deep domain understanding of online risk platforms, tools, and integrations to enrich our data and effectively manage risk.
● 6+ years of experience with safety, risk, or fraud initiatives in a customer facing or product role at an internet/tech company.
● Proven track record collaborating with legal counsel and technical teams and guiding peers or direct reports to solve challenging problems.
● Ability to remain “on call” and step in when rare critical response needs occur. This includes, at times, weekends, holidays, and non-business hours.
● Proactive communicator with exceptional written and verbal skills
● Natural “systems thinker” with a penchant for organization and/or process improvement.
● Strength with data, able to build and analyze reports to measure our team’s progress towards goals.
● Marketplace experience, a big plus.
● Experience managing international T&S processes and investigations, a plus.
● Competitive salary with employee stock options and access to 401k and FSA/HSA
● Medical coverage subsidized by Peerspace
● Dental, vision, and disability coverage provided at no cost
● Take-it-when-you-need-it vacation and sick days
● $500 annual professional development allowance
● 20% discount on all Peerspace bookings
● We are a remote first company and offer the following perks to ensure our team members have a comfortable and productive working experience:
● Apple laptop, 4K display, and stipend to setup home office
● Monthly cell phone and internet credit
● Coworking membership (in lieu of home office)
● Quarterly in-person offsites and events for all team members (in Peerspace locations, of course)