This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on October 16, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with large, complex datasets/data warehouses.
- Experience in technology industry, government, or related experience.
- Understanding of international and geopolitical events and how they may impact a global technology company.
- Familiarity with Google products, infrastructure, and types of online abuse.
- Demonstrated communication skills, with a proven ability to work successfully in cross-functional teams, including with senior stakeholders and executives.
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
As an Incident Manager within Trust & Safety, you’ll be a part of a global team working to ensure that sensitive incidents in the realm of user protection are managed effectively, with minimal impact on our business, users or brand. You’ll be working across various teams within Trust and Safety, Public Policy, Engineering, Legal, Comms, and PR to resolve standard escalations. You’ll work closely with your team to implement and maintain standard operating procedures for the team. You will work with your team to oversee vendor management and training and perform data analyses from escalations data and share relevant insights with Trust and Safety leadership.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across Legal, Comms, Press, Trust & Safety, Engineering, and Public Policy teams to resolve escalations.
- Enhance operational workflows via process improvements and identify automation opportunities; continuously review and improve our systems and incident management tools.
- Coordinate with vendors, including defining workflows, vendor operating procedures, and training, and working closely with vendor operations to conduct QA.
- Summarize and share escalation trends and insights via regular reporting channels.
- Perform on-call responsibilities on a rotating basis, including weekend coverage.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.