This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 11, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Airbnb is a community built on trust. The Law Enforcement Operations (LE Ops) Team keeps users’ personal data safe, identifies safety threats to the community and takes appropriate action by liaising with law enforcement agencies. Our work takes a unique blend of vigilance, ingenuity, adaptability, and empathy. The global team operates 24×7 adapting a follow-the-sun model.
As a Law Enforcement Associate on the LE Ops team, you will respond to a range of requests from key law enforcement officials and government agencies, driving strategic safety efforts for the Airbnb community and coordinating responses with other cross-functional teams within Trust, Community Service and Safety.
- Respond to requests from law enforcement and government authorities in EMEA, APAC and NA regions.
- Review and assess requests related to critical safety incidents, emergency and emergency-in-progress situations that require timely and accurate response and engagement with Law Enforcement in order to keep the Airbnb community safe.
- Identify and flag potentially high risk requests for internal escalation and review to LE Ops management.
- Investigate, track, analyze and accurately respond to a variety of legal requests for user data, working directly with law enforcement authorities, government agencies and court officials.
- Comprehensively document investigation results and decisions.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality and accuracy while performing investigations.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent judgement and provide recommendations on the best course of action for responding to requests.
- Work with CS, Safety and Trust teams to develop and refer relevant criminal matters to law enforcement authorities.
- Demonstrate great judgement and be open to sharing best practice with your LE Ops colleagues.
This role requires building relationships with the following stakeholders, outside LE Operations:
- Global Crisis Management
- Other Trust and CS / Safety Teams
- External law enforcement and government authorities and agencies
Additional skills and behaviors:
- Manages time efficiently and prioritises deliverables effectively.
- A critical thinker with the ability to understand the implications of a given scenario within the business/operational context.
- Flexible and willing to work off hours, which may sometimes include weekends and occasionally holidays, in order to support emergency matters and interact with company employees based globally.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2 to 4+ years of relevant experience in legal operations, investigative or analytical roles.
- Skilled in various computer systems, internet technology and software (MS Office etc.).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Analytically minded with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of SQL, Salesforce and/or an interest in learning more.
- Ability to manage and prioritize large ticket volumes.
- Confidence in corresponding with law enforcement at all levels in a tactful and considerate manner, ensuring a positive stakeholder experience.