This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 21, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for someone to help lead its Law Enforcement Response team’s collaboration with Law Enforcement and Government Agencies in the US. The Law Enforcement Response Manager, US will be an essential element of trust and safety’s efforts, coordinating its work with external bodies to aid compliance and collaboration.
Reporting to the Head of Global Law Enforcement Response, you will help serve our growing community in relation to legal requests and government and organizational obligations to protect our community. We will look for someone with a background in legal, law enforcement/governmental work, non-profit or tech company-side work in online safety.
- Mentor team members, and perform the following responsibilities:
- Manage how requests from and escalations to law enforcement or government agencies are handled; this includes:
- Form strategies, tools and workflows required to create, efficient processes
- Strict adherence to regulation and legal compliance around data privacy and protection
- The tracking and achievement Indicators, taking measures to ensure achievement of target performance levels
- Work LER cases directly while driving the team simultaneously
- Work throughout the Twitch business to coordinate relevant work, with emphasis on Customer Experience, Policy, Legal, and Product teams
- Handle and respond to high-urgency requests, incidents or issues and serve as the primary LER contact for relevant policy and legislative concerns
- Support large projects while managing competing interests
- Work with Trust & Safety global leadership, working across international time zones to ensure issue response following the nature of a live streaming service
- Aid the Moderation team in the handling of sensitive content including potentially disturbing text, video or images
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of experience working in Safety within technology, government, legal, or non-profit, with 3+ years in a management role
- Data-driven approach to finding solutions and delivering on plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Self-driven – able to accomplish autonomously
- Comfortable with working flexibly as part of a globally-dispersed 24/7/365 team
- Mentally and emotionally resilient to offensive or disturbing behavior, language, and content
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.