This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 6, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
About the Team
DoorDash is seeking an experienced policy manager to join our growing Community Policy team. A part of the DoorDash Trust and Safety organization, the Community Policy team is responsible for developing, revising, and socializing the policies and rules that guide responsible behavior across the DoorDash platform. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate to play a significant role in shaping policies and processes that promote safety, inclusion, and respect throughout an expanding, international community of Dashers, Merchants, and Customers, and across a growing number of products and experiences.
About the Role
As Community Policy Manager, you will be a key contributor to safety policy development for DoorDash as you help to write rules that guide behavior on our platform. You will bring empathy and ethical judgement in shaping our values-driven policies. Reporting to the Head of Community Policy, you will work closely with public policy, legal, support, product and leadership to develop and improve our policy frameworks. You have excellent communication skills and can work with a range of people from our front line Trust and Safety associates to senior cross-functional partners, as well as diverse representatives from across our stakeholder community.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Help shape DoorDash’s policy development for consumers, dashers and merchants to ensure a safe community
- Work closely with legal, public policy, product, support and operations to build values-based policies that establish clear rules that can be enforced consistently and equitably
- Contribute to the strategic roadmap for Community Policy
- Stay current on events and trends to identify potential risks and propose solutions and evolutions of our policies to get ahead of any risks to community members
- Work closely with the Trust and Safety team to inform the operationalization of our policies to ensure their work is supported and consistent.
- Weigh in on sensitive escalations from the Trust and Safety team and advise senior leaders on policy choices.
We’re excited about you because you have…
- Experience in relevant fields, including developing policies for digital platforms, online marketplaces, the sharing/gig economy, or in the content policy space.
- Relevant management experience to support the growth and upscaling of the Community Policy team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including persuasive and analytical writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a high degree of comfort working with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience dealing with sensitive policy or safety issues.
- Comfort collaborating with senior internal stakeholders and junior colleagues alike.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.