This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 30, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Reporting directly to the Head of Process, Strategy and Optimization, this role will drive global programs for Trust Operations organization.
- Drive critical strategy and transformation projects and initiatives
- Define and rollout Project Management tools and best practices, scaling and reinforcing PM capabilities across the organization
- Create governance frameworks and policies ensuring the right people have access to the right, and relevant information in order to make strategic decisions.
- Ensure we have the right resources at the right time so we can deliver high-visibility, high-return projects.
- Define what organizational resources should be shared and establish mechanisms to distribute them optimally across projects.
- Create and enable team efficiency by facilitating collaborative knowledge transfers between project teams.
- Make project plans, reviews, templates and documentation widely available to the team so that we save time and costs that would have otherwise gone into rework.
- Gathering data about project progress, status of milestones, and goals reached so we can regularly report on project health.
- Establish and maintain project/initiative portfolio view, including effective monitoring, controls, OKRs and success metrics.
- Inspect project operational efficiency and assess the financial performance against a project’s return on investment and non-financial benefits.
- Steer cross-functional teams, incl. both internal and external project members.
- Interconnect project delivery with powerful change management
The successful candidate will be an experienced project management professional in the BPO environment with:
- Minimum 15 years experience in hands-on project and change management
- Minimum 5 years in direct partner management (contract, operational)
- Backgrounds in top-tier consulting and fast-paced tech-driven organisations preferred
- Degree in business, engineering, or computer science or any related qualifications
- Knowledge of 6-sigma methodologies and demonstrated ability to apply them in a lean, pragmatic way
- Extremely proficient at using Google sheets / Excel to financial model unstructured problems
- Extremely proficient with Gantt / Project management software
- Experience working with senior decision makers
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical background
- Happy to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
Executing for Results
- Ethics, confidence, managing ambiguity and being open to learning
- Bias towards action and results delivery which are critical in a highly performance oriented environment; passion for quality and efficiency and a strong can-do attitude
- A person with entrepreneurial drive, persistence, willing to go the extra mile
- Strong internal client-focus and centricity
- Distinct credentials to drive results by taking a proactive medium- and long-term view of business goals and objectives
Building Relationships and Using Influence
- Attentive listener, open-minded, and with strong interpersonal skills so that the necessary alliances with internal and external groups can be forged and developed quickly.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Ability to influence and positively impact high caliber and self-confident peers and colleagues
To apply for this job please visit careers.airbnb.com.