This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 29, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of industry experience in one of the following areas: Internet technology, online search, eCommerce, payments, risk/fraud investigation.
- 2 years of experience managing people.
- Experience with analytics and problem solving.
- Master’s degree or MBA.
- Experience with predictive analytics/ basic Machine Learning concepts.
- Experience in the risk/fraud and anti-abuse or the Payments domain.
- Payments-related fraud, chargebacks and mitigation experience.
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety. As a Manager in Payments Trust and Safety, you will lead a team responsible for protecting Google’s Payments ecosystem from abuse and fraud while ensuring trust and improving Google’s reputation. You will be a strategic leader with the ability to work globally and cross-functionally with several internal stakeholders through effective relationship building, influence, and communication skills. You will demonstrate analytical thinking through data-driven decisions, and the technical know-how and ability to work with your team to provide leadership to do what it takes to get things done in order to make a difference. At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Provide leadership to high-performing group of Googlers in an innovative and dynamic environment in payments team
- Manage a team of Analysts, play a key role in developing the payments fraud fighting vision and strategy for fraud and spam verticals for Google Pay
- Engage with cross-functional and global teams across the United States, Singapore and India. Partner with them at the product inception stage to drive changes in the product and build it right from ground up from a Payments Risk, Fraud and Abuse perspective
- Increase effectiveness of your specific product abuse/fraud team by identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement through people and tools/technology
- Develop and regularly report on department growth and performance metrics
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.