In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team dedicated to ensuring a trustworthy and secure marketplace for our millions of students, instructors, and business customers around the world. This role oversees Risk, Payment Fraud, Account Security, and Identity Verification functions. You will be responsible for identifying the major risks to Udemy’s business – now and in the future – and developing risk mitigation strategies. You will be responsible for overseeing and implementing processes that detect and mitigate risks to the business in partnership with our Data Science, Product, Design, and Engineering teams, and ensuring we continue to effectively handle policy cases effectively.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop and implement processes to improve the accuracy and fairness of your team’s judgement calls.
- Understand the evolving fraud and risk landscape and serve as Udemy’s internal expert on fraud and risk reduction.
- Routinely identify the primary risks to Udemy’s business and work cross-functionally (e.g., with Operations, Product, Design, Engineering, Legal, and Corporate Communications) to recommend and implement tools and systems to reduce fraud and risk (while improving the overall customer experience).
- Contribute to the strategic development and ongoing refinement of fraud defense.
- Manage and grow a high-performing team of trust and safety specialists and contractors to effectively handle the fair and efficient enforcement of marketplace policies.
- Lead your team and the company to prevent loss of trust in our marketplace, for example reducing spam reviews, minimizing piracy, or improving how we communicate and enforce content restrictions.
- Spearhead initiatives to simplify and improve how we reduce risk in our marketplace, including representing the company in talks and presentations to our Instructor community.
- Work with product, legal and analytics teams to reduce fraud and policy abuses through preventative measures.
Experience we’re looking for…
- 5-7 years of Trust and Safety experience, including experience working to detect and combat the types of risks and fraud that a global user-generated content marketplace faces.
- Relevant experience with increasing responsibility within a Trust & Safety team, 2+ years directly managing a Trust & Safety team.
- Experience with troubleshooting software and/or working with data, such as generating reports, Intermediate SQL, you have an ability to define what data is important (and what isn’t) and an understanding for how to analyze data in a way that drives actionable insights.
- Ability to separate emotion from a situation and follow a data-oriented, structured way of thinking to ensure reason-based judgement.
- A hyperactive sense of customer empathy, able to understand all sides of a situation and respond with a human touch.
- Strong work ethic and ability to handle the sometimes-overwhelming influx of new cases.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. You can synthesize key points or complex situations to craft messaging for any audience, large or small.
- Convicted but Open-minded — you have a strong moral and business sense but are able to adapt based on what we learn over time (what you learn is as or more important than what you know).
- Self-motivated, solid team player, willing to step outside of your role and chip in whenever necessary to achieve success.
- Great business acumen and the ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and actionable project plans.
- Startup experience
- Experience with e-commerce and/or marketplace businessesFraud prevention/detection tools.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.