This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 23, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with the history (and current) of local politics, media landscape, culture and context of Mexico.
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish and English fluently.
- Experience in Project Management on cross-functional projects.
- Experience working with product management and engineers to drive progress on key programs.
- Ability to build strong relationships with cross functional partners across geographies.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Effective analytical skills with the ability to use data to drive strategy and business action (SQL).
- Ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional partners across geographies.
About the job
Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube’s Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
Over the past several years, we’ve redoubled our efforts to live up to our responsibility while preserving the power of an open platform. As a YouTube Responsibility Market expert supporting Mexico, you are responsible for ensuring that we are constantly growing our understanding of trends and risks from Mexico on YouTube. That includes proactively monitoring trends and intelligence sources, helping to launch new product features with market and language knowledge and ensure our enforcement guidelines are informed by your market knowledge.
You’ll help implement and enforce our policies across millions of pieces of content videos, as well as define and implement operational plans globally, liaising and working with stakeholders in areas like Engineering, Vendor Operations, Analytics, Public Policy, PR, Partnerships and Legal.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
This role may be exposed to graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive video content during team escalations in line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
- Monitor intel sources to identify market trends and operating patterns that could pose a threat.
- Support identification and vetting of external partners such as local news organizations, child safety experts, civil society organizations, or online social communities.
- Triage risks/threats, prepare risk assessments of threats and action plans based on gathered market knowledge. Cover regional events and escalations like elections, natural disasters or violent attacks. Act as the main point of contact to ensure that they are triaged, tracked, investigated, resolved and communicated accurately.
- Drive and support the launch of news related product features, as well as responsibility projects in the region.
- Partner with our vendor partners to improve the quality of the regional language workflows, developing training materials and running regular calibration sessions.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.