About the Position
The Operations Manager is a key member of the TSPA team, providing critical operational support and coordination. We are looking for someone with experience managing an organization’s administration and operations. As Operations Manager, you will be integral to the smooth and efficient operations of TSPA. This is a new role and you will be establishing organizational operations policies and processes. You will wear many hats, and responsibilities will be varied. Below are some of the anticipated day-to-day responsibilities for this role.
- Scheduling and coordination for large and formal meetings
- Updating communication and marketing materials (print and online)
- Note-taking during meetings and events
- Basic IT troubleshooting
- Other administrative support as needed
Internal and external liaison
- Respond to emails and inquiries from members and stakeholders
- Provide administrative and logistics support to colleagues
- Liaise with outsourced finance and HR teams.
- Help with event planning, logistics, and management (in-person and virtual), including coordinating travel for in-person convenings
- Manage the membership database by updating member records and assisting members with questions
- Other programming support as needed
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter who can work with our small team to accomplish big things. This role will evolve based on your interests, skills, and needs of the organization. A successful candidate should have the ability to effectively work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities. Because we all work remotely, we will need someone who can work independently, with minimal supervision, but – because of the role – interact closely and collaboratively with the team.
Demonstrate experience and skill in the following areas:
- 5-6+ years of experience in office coordination or administration. Preference for someone with hands-on administrative experience in addition to establishing administrative operations.
- Experience in a modern work environment (proficiency in email communication, social media, website writing, etc.) communicating with a wide range of partners and individuals from different background, geographic locations
- Experience with (or ability to learn) various software, such as Google Office products, membership database, Slack, Mailchimp, etc.
- Experience with community building, relationship management, or a membership-base constituency
For someone to thrive in this role, they will have the following strengths:
- Critical thinking and analysis – ability to accurately analyze information and exercise appropriate judgement.
- Resourcefulness and a problem solver – proactively solve problems and able to learn and apply new information and knowledge.
- Strong communication skills – effective written and oral communication skills, including interpersonal skills and the ability to foster a team-oriented, inclusive work environment.
- Organizational skills – strong organizational skills, sharp attention to detail, and persistence and accuracy in seeing projects through to completion.
- Work independently – ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks independently with minimal supervision; effectively manage and shift priorities and meet deadlines.
- Work collaboratively – successfully working in teams, both internally with team members and externally with members and partners.
- Flexible – ability to prioritize multiple and different tasks and be comfortable with ambiguity
Skills that will help someone in this role, but are not required:
- Experience in or knowledge of the trust and safety field
- Experience working with a global community
- Fluency in another language
Preference will be given to candidates in the United States.
Compensation and Benefits
The annual salary for this position starts at $90,000 USD. TSPA also offers medical, dental and vision insurance. This is a remote position, with a flexible work schedule.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com