This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 11, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 1 year of experience in policy technology and policy issues affecting the internet (e.g., intellectual property, free expression, and online safety)
- Experience working with an array of cross-functional stakeholders such as engineering and product management
- Experience using data and technology to solve business problems with the ability to exercise judgment in a crisis
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Excellent leadership, organization, and teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate issues into simple, clear language
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
As a Policy Analyst, you will focus on the user and the passion for using our technical, legal, business, and policy expertise to improve Google’s policies and user experience. Our team advises Google on core principles and manage and grow projects.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Develop, implement, and enforce scalable Google Ads and content policies across all ad formats and platforms while innovating processes and best practices for implementing policies across operation centers in multiple geographies.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineering teams to influence product and format policy decisions and prioritization of new formats onboarding, while improving user experience for policy-related issues at scale.
- Manage and resolve escalations from internal and external stakeholders in addition to identifying escalation trends and providing feedback on formats, systems, policies, and processes to increase automation while providing a better user experience.
- Grow awareness and understanding of content and advertising policies across the company.
- Identify gaps or conflicts in existing policy framework, develop scalable solutions, and work to obtain consensus across the organization.