This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 23, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in content policy, anti-abuse, and reviewing online content.
- Ability to work non-standard hours, including weekends, and on shift-based schedules as required.
- Experience in operations such as scaled or sales operations, vendor management or process or organizational optimization.
- Experience with SQL and spreadsheets.
- Experience identifying abuse trends or working in news or policy with passion for international issues, including freedom of expression, online controversial content, misinformation, cyber crime, etc.
About the job
Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube’s Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
As part of YouTube Trust and Safety, you will be directly responsible for making the internet safer, protecting free speech and defending our brand. You’re passionate about cutting-edge policy developments and applications in a digital age, and you want to help define how people around the world communicate with one another and express their points of view through YouTube. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, demanding environment where no two days are ever the same.
As a Policy Enforcement Manager, you’ll be responsible for working with a global team from Policy, Enforcement, Product, Engineering, Tools, Legal and other teams to prevent violative content from appearing on the site. With cutting edge tools and technology, you evaluate abuse trends and quality within vendor operations, and develop creative solutions to address quality, workflows and processes. You will review decisions about the appropriateness of different content, including considerations of cultural and political sensitivities. This role will review graphic, controversial, and offensive video content in line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
This role will require on-call work at weekends on a rotational basis.
- Enforce YouTube’s misinformation content policies and ensure high quality policy enforcement across global vendor teams.
- Manage escalations while ensuring high quality enforcement and clear communication with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders on misinformation issues and clearly communicate initiatives to the broader organization.
- Research and stay up to date on key trends and suspicious patterns across policy areas.
- Keep our users safe while protecting free speech.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.