This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on June 5, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in an operations capacity (e.g., scaled/business operations, vendor management, process/organizational optimization).
- Ability to work non-standard hours, including weekends, holidays and on shift-based schedules as required.
- Ability to speak and write in Arabic and English fluently.
- Experience with identifying abuse trends or working in news or policy.
- Experience with spreadsheets, databases SQL and data analysis.
- Experience in content policy, anti-abuse and reviewing online content.
- Ability to build effective relationships with cross-functional partners across geographies.
- Ability to use data to drive strategy and business action.
About the job
Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube’s Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
As a Policy Enforcement Manager for YouTube Trust and Safety, you will be directly responsible for making the internet safer and protecting free speech. You’ll be responsible for working with a global team from Policy, Enforcement, Product, Engineering, Tools, and Legal to prevent violative content from appearing on the site. You’ll evaluate abuse trends and quality within vendor operations and develop creative solutions to address quality, workflows, and processes. You’ll also review decisions about the appropriateness of different content, including considerations of cultural and political sensitivities. This role will review graphic, controversial, and offensive video content in line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Research and stay up to date on key trends and suspicious patterns across policy areas.
- Oversee enforcement quality across policy areas, including calibrations with vendor teams.
- Work cross-functionally, think strategically, and keep our users safe while protecting free speech.
- Review graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive video content in line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.