This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 31, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in project and process management.
- Ability to work nonstandard work hours as needed.
- Experience in content policy, anti-abuse or customer support operations. Experience reviewing content and/or answering user questions.
- Excellent communication skills and business judgment.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to use data to drive strategy and business action.
- Ability to build relationships with cross-functional partners across geographies.
- Ability to work through ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
About the job
Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube’s Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
As a Policy Escalation Specialist, you’ll ensure that we deliver performance goals for sensitive and timely escalations of potentially questionable content. You will manage the response to these escalations globally and use a variety of tools, communications, and facilitation methods to ensure issues are triaged and the right stakeholders are involved in resolution. You will also help test new processes, systems, and infrastructure to manage escalations, while also contributing input into where we put our efforts next. In addition, you will dig into the data around incidents and search for trends, impact, and possible improvements. In this role, you will review graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive video content in line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Manage policy escalations from start to finish, driving consensus across all stakeholders.
- Evaluate cross-product escalations to determine severity, risk, and required action.
- Analyze, identify, prioritize, and deliver operational improvement opportunities. Identify, articulate, and quantify impact of required tools changes to deliver on these opportunities.
- Develop post mortems and implementations of preventative solutions, including working with Engineering on tools.
- Review controversial and offensive video content in line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.