This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 31, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in drafting or enforcing policy for an online platform or engagement with online public policy issues.
- Experience working with global teams and communicating with stakeholders cross-functionally.
- Experience managing a team.
- Ability to grow in a rapidly changing environment.
- Problem solving ability and attention to detail skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
About the job
Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube’s Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
As a Policy Manager for Trust and Safety, you will be a skilled manager and enjoy context switching – wearing multiple hats, and you’ll share goals with team members. You will manage a team of skilled Policy Leads working on diverse content moderation challenges facing the world’s largest video platform today. This role will sometimes involve reviewing graphic, controversial, and offensive video content in line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Manage a team of Policy Leads working on multiple controversial content areas, helping to ensure the team sets clear priorities, manages its time effectively, and develops clear and compelling policy proposals for executive audiences.
- Be an expert in all of the policy areas under your supervision so that you can support your team members, and guide efficient and effective policy development efforts.
- Build and grow partnerships with cross-functional groups including public policy, public relations, legal, and product.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.