This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 31, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in policy, legal operations, regulatory environment, or content moderation in similar industries.
- MBA, Master’s degree, other advanced degree, or related work experience.
- Experience working with one of the following: Internet technologies, related policy and regulatory environments and challenges affecting the internet, free expression, online safety, and content moderation.
- Experience working with, influencing and negotiating with a broad array of cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience using data/technology to identify and solve complex business challenges or experience diagnosing operational pain points and leading efforts to reduce these issues.
- Knowledge or practical experience in the area of human rights.
- Demonstrated project management and communication skills.
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
As a Policy Specialist, you will be key to ensuring the success of your team by creating and improving processes, analyzing and creating policies with supporting documentation, and coordinating communications across the team. You will be responsible for setting a strategy for the Legal Removals team’s engagement with Google Workspace and for influencing cross-functional stakeholders to prioritize users’ and Legal Removals’ needs. This may include developing/launching policies and processes to scale requirements from upcoming legislation regarding content moderation issues. You’ll also work on legal removal requests from receipt to resolution, which entails reviewing and processing online content based on internal policy.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Analyze policy and legal challenges facing technology platforms and make recommendations on how Google should address them.
- Serve as a strategic advisor and liaison to cross-functional stakeholders, including Legal, Public Policy, Trust and Safety, and Engineering.
- Partner with technical teams to drive and coordinate the development and maintenance of Legal Removals tools and processes.
- Engage and communicate with users, governments, and other internal and external stakeholders on policy issues, and resolve high-profile policy escalations to ensure legal policy analysis and recommendations consider all teams’ perspectives.
- This role requires the ability to review or to be exposed to sensitive content (examples: hate speech, violent extremism, nudity, etc) and may involve occasional off-hours coverage rotations.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.