This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 30, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Reporting directly to the Head of Process, Strategy and Innovation, this candidate will drive the global process ideation and process effectiveness strategy.
- Establish a systematic approach for optimizing cost of product development and manufacturing by eliminating wastage
- Lead, manage and facilitate the Lean initiatives/programs across the Trust Ops organization
- Champion the “KAIZEN” philosophy and establish the adoption of Lean methodology in the organization through training, coaching/mentoring, and leading/managing/implementing continuous improvement projects
- Lead and drive cross-functional project teams to :-
- Ensure project goals are on budget and on schedule
- Develop stakeholder’s requirements into an approved project charter
- Analyze business, processes and systems performance, and identify improvement opportunities
- Ensure improvement methodology and tools are utilized effectively to achieve maximum results
- Involve in projects implementing the digitalization and transformation process as well as ensuring operational alignment across the group
- Work closely with stakeholders in Operations to drive product research and development in delivering the best value to our customers
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution with stakeholders.
- Work with internal controlling to establish transparency on direct and indirect product cost
- Responsible for lean strategy development & deployment
- Be accountable on the cost optimization initiatives tracking
The successful candidate will be an experienced process engineering professional with:
- Master / Bachelor Degree in Engineering, or Science, (Industrial Engineering background is preferred)
- 10 years of experience in an operations related field with min 6 years exposure in a Lean manufacturing environment
- Extensive hands on experience in developing and successfully driving Lean practices and developing a sustained mindset for Kaizen within an organization
- Must be Advanced Green Belt or Black Belt trained with proven ability in the application of Lean Six Sigma methods and other continuous improvement tools
- A team player with high Initiative, demonstrated planning skills, strong data-driven analytical abilities and proven performance in operation problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to interact and work effectively across functional teams and at multiple levels within the organization
- Proven organizational and leadership skills to motivate and influence others positively to drive for results
- Ability to build strong relationships and partner with key stakeholders to build trust and influence at multiple levels within the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Versatile & organized
To apply for this job please visit careers.airbnb.com.