This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 26, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position. As one of London’s fastest growing tech companies, and an increasingly global business, we need excellent product people at all levels. We’re currently hiring for a Product Manager to run our cross functional Account Security team. Our Account Security team ensures that our user accounts are safe and all the bad actors, who have been removed from the platform, remain off the platform. This team is fundamental for all our good users to enjoy Depop’s core experience of safe shopping.You’ll report to a Head of Product Management and you will be expected to help lead your unit while delivering a contribution to its impact and strategic roadmap.
Deciding what to build:
- Prioritising features so that you deliver the highest impact to your quarterly objectives based on your team’s resources
- Use user research, rigorous data analysis and technical guidance to make informed decisions about what to and what not to build
- Scope new features to ensure the right tradeoff between effort and impact
Owning how we build it:
- Designing features that are simple, intuitive and beautiful in collaboration with our Designers and user researchers
- Working with the development team and the Technical Lead to ensure features are built to the specifications
- Recognising obstacles to the team, and making sure they are escalated or resolved where possible
Keeping everyone aligned and informed:
- Aligning with the Head of Product and the functional leadership on the priorities and strategic goals of the wider product area
- Raising blockers to our plans immediately to the team leadership (Technical Lead, Delivery Manager, Head of Product)
- Keeping all stakeholders informed about team direction and progress
- Motivating the team and giving them the context they need to reach their potential
- Beginner’s Mindset is one of our core values. We’re a learning organisation, and a group of people that thrive on getting better every day. Your curiosity and thirst for knowledge are more important than what you know already.
- Resilience. We’re scaling really fast. The things that we do today won’t work tomorrow. You need to be comfortable with the rate of change we’re going through, and excited by the opportunities that affords.
- Great commercial awareness. You think constantly about driving business results, and base your decisions in data, user interviews, and rigorous analysis
- A strong sense of ownership and be highly organised. You create order in the world around you and get huge satisfaction from delivering the highest quality features
- Excellent communication skills. You are logical, articulate, and can work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
- Previous experience as a Product Manager/Product Owner in an agile environment
Things that would be useful, but are not essential:
- Experience working in a marketplace business
- Experience working on in a mobile first environment or on social products
- A love of fashion, especially if you’re already part of the Depop community
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more…we’ve taken this virtual for now!
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.