This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 18, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. The Trust & Safety team at TikTok helps ensure that our global community is safe and empowered to create and enjoy content across all of our applications. As a Product Policy Manager on the Americas Trust & Safety team, you will serve as a content expert on the Bullying & Harassment vertical. This portfolio includes content related to expressions of abuse, including threats or degrading statements intended to mock, humiliate, embarrass, intimidate, or hurt an individual. In this role, you will be a part of our global Trust & Safety organization, supporting our efforts to ensure that our Bullying & Harassment policies protect the safety of our users. You will do this by establishing relevant policies that govern the TikTok platform, as well as providing colleagues with an understanding of the impact of technology, media and cultural trends on Bullying & Harassment.
What will I be doing?
- Support the execution of the strategic vision for the Bullying & Harassment vertical.
- Develop Bullying & Harassment content policies for our global community on the TikTok platform.
- Work alongside a set of high-performing Global Issue Managers to optimize policy iteration & implementation procedures and deliver high-quality results.
- Handle escalations in the Americas region by acting as a point of contact, aligning all stakeholders, and/or responding to emergency content safety-related cases.
- Support the Bullying & Harassment team’s collaboration with Global Public Policy, Product, Operations, Legal, and Public Relations teams to improve content policies and streamline enforcement policies and processes.
- Engage with external stakeholders to incorporate outside expertise into TikTok’s platform policies.
What should I bring with me?
- 5+ years of experience in a field directly focused on bullying, cyberbullying, or other forms of harassment (as a researcher, educator, lawyer, technologist, or employee of an NGO or other organization focused on prevention of harassment).
- 3+ years policy development, analysis, or evaluation.
- Deep understanding of technology, internet, social media and/or platform content issues.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Even better if:
- Advanced degree in a relevant field (psychology, sociology, law, etc.).
- Experience specifically in preventing online harassment and/or user-generated content moderation.
- Exposure to designing policies or processes for scale in a fast-paced media organization.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiktok.com.