This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on June 16, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle’s ‘Best Places to Work’ in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We’re an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world’s most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World’s Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we’re going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn’t dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we’re looking for:
As a member of our team, you view our customers as part of our community, because we are all passionate about the same thing. You are maniacal about making the world a safer place and want nothing more than to keep bad actors out of your/our community. You take the initiative to improve yourself and appreciate feedback. You share your unique experiences and passions to your job every day. You are viewed as a leader and change-maker with proactive solutions and ideas, to ensure Rover’s success.
More about the team:
The Rover’s Trust and Safety Program sits within the broader Rover Product group and is responsible for making sure we earn and maintain trust within our community. This role will have a special focus on detecting and actioning low-intent users (mostly focused on traditional ‘fraudsters’, but not limited to that profile). We hold our core values to heart and can’t wait to find the right person for this very exciting and rewarding role.
- Be an unwavering advocate for improving our detection of bad actors and keeping them from interacting with the Rover community
- Ownership of program metrics related to low-intent, most often fraudulent, users (chargebacks, phishing, account takeovers, and other metrics related to low quality/low intent users) and make sure we meet or exceed targets; plus define new program metrics as needed
- Develop / refine operational policies and procedures to deliver on program goals (includes modeling out potential impacts to cross-functional teams)
- Make sure we get the most out of our investments in people and tech in the fraud space and manage day-to-day vendor relationships; develop a base of knowledge from the broader (outside of Rover) trust and safety community
- Stay informed of the broader Rover product roadmap; understand and communicate potential headwinds or tailwinds specific to your area and options going forward
- Define, develop and execute cross-functional objectives and key results (translation: lots of stakeholder alignment and communication)
- Learning about the broader space of ‘reputation management and screening’ and are fascinated about where the world is going in this regard
- Listening to feedback from stakeholders in Operations, Infosec and Product and knowing our tool sets & procedures inside-out
- Fitting the pieces of a puzzle together so you can see the whole picture
- Making things scale! You want to use technology and automation to its fullest extent in order to achieve our desired business results
- Working on complex issues and operating with autonomy; often digging into granular details to start uncovering broader patterns
- Identifying options to solve a problem or opportunity and making a recommendation based on the data you have collected
- Working across lots of internal teams and managing external (vendor) relationships; Clarifying roles (including your own!) when kicking off a cross-functional initiative (and are ok ‘owning’ something that is heavily reliant on others for delivery)
Why We’ll Hire You:
- You have a true passion for Rover’s mission and values – and are highly motivated by the responsibility to foster a safe environment for our community
- You know how to leverage data to make decisions and enjoy listening to your your instincts, as they push you to dig deeper
- You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery and bring your cross-functional partners along with you
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.