This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 19, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Do you love the internet, technology and media (audio and visual live streams, recordings and static images)? Do you have a passion for ensuring users stay safe online while allowing the weirdness and freedom of the internet to shine? Do you love figuring out answers to questions no one has answered yet or processes without established best practices? We’re looking for a highly motivated, goal-oriented, team player to join our Media Operations team. Success in this role requires someone who is curious, analytical, disciplined, proactive, and has a knack for managing multiple tasks efficiently. The team is tight knit but spread around the world and so we value a healthy combination of independence and teamwork.
What You’ll Do
As a Media Ops Program Manager, you will work closely with key stakeholders (e.g. vendors, policy specialists, product managers, engineering) to ensure day-to-day operations are running well and new products and policies are launched quickly and efficiently. You will proactively make changes that improve the operation and reverse negative trends. You will be comfortable handling high-priority user escalations and edge cases as they come in. You will represent Media Operations and the wider User Operations team to local stakeholders within the APAC region including Policy, Sales and Engineering/Product.
- Lead daily media enforcement operations and agent workflows across multiple geographies to respond to complex user escalations and reports, especially related to media on all Twitter owned platforms current and future.
- Act as domain expert and point of contact for internal partners and vendor partners to review and analyze safety and abuse reporting on the platform.
- Manage stakeholder relationships with Product, Trust & Safety, Engineering, Legal, Comms and others to safely develop and launch new policies and products on the platform
- Create and analyze reports and dashboards to monitor and investigate operational safety abuse trends
- Help drive global strategies related to our online media operations, implementing plans and overseeing their execution.
- Deliver trainings on various policies and workflows to large global teams
- Provide expert input for training material (decks, facilitator guides, knowledge bases, agent assessments) and ensure trainers on the vendor team are equipped to deliver a high quality and consistent training experience.
- Monitor established key volume performance indicators (e.g. total/manual incoming, total/manual solved, AAS, AHT) and investigate root causes of trends and spikes.
- Lead project initiatives to find new and innovative ways to consistently improve safety efforts, response times and support to users
- Take part in the global on-call rotation as needed, and respond to cases in any high-priority escalations.
- Report issues with internal tools to engineering and product operations teams and scope out new tooling requests
- Manage communication with vendors and internal escalations teams, including answering questions, providing support and working collaboratively on scaling solutions
- Lead the delivery of large cross-functional initiatives within the team.
- Please Note: You will need to review or be exposed to sensitive and potentially disturbing content including but not limited to vulgar language, hate speech, violent threats, pornography and other graphic images. The Media Operations team handles some of our most serious and difficult policy areas on our platforms including child safety, violent extremism, and other illegal or regulated activities. We always endeavor to ensure your boundaries are respected and you have the time and flexibility to step back where necessary but given the team’s work it is impossible to completely avoid some topics while remaining within the team.
Who You Are:
- Experience in handling user reports and/or high-priority support and/or enforcement issues
- Strong analytical skills, metrics driven and experience in business/data analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and highly developed social skills
- Experience supporting high profile and/or publicly visible individuals either directly or in partnership with their representatives
- Influence and collaboration skills to affect change with cross functional stakeholders
- Flexibility; open to changing priorities and handling multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes and under pressure
- Ability to solve problems creatively and proactively, especially during critical situations
- Experience driving large cross-functional projects across different timezones; familiarity with project planning methodology (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience working with Service Cloud, JIRA, Tableau, or similar software. Service Cloud admin skills, basic programming, SQL and/or experience in automation a plus.
- Intellectually curious and able to quickly learn new systems and processes.
- Active, passionate, Twitter/Periscope user or a strong interest in social media
- You have familiarity with the APAC region. Deep familiarity with one or more countries in the region, a plus.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent local degree or experience required.
- At least 3-5 year’s experience in a safety, enforcement or customer support role, preferably in a fast-paced online support environment or a role involving vendor relationship management.
- Experience with live video and/or illegal content is a huge plus.
- Ability to work alongside technical stakeholders including Product and Engineering to define tooling requirements and understand technical and product processes.
- Working hours may vary depending on business need, on call or weekend work may be required.
- Some international travel may be required (up to 15%)
- Experience involving vendor relationships from the customer side or the creation of training, workflows and processes.
- Experience managing contractors or full time staff.
- Experience working with new product rollouts and defining launch requirements for safety or enforcement.
- Experience in the field of study and/or professional experience in promoting online safety, child safety online, and/or countering violent extremism.
The Twitter Service organization creates meaningful connections with our customers that promote healthy exchange in the public conversation. We do this by developing and operating customer support solutions at scale in a rapidly changing global environment. The Launch team manages key initiatives for the Twitter Service organization, designed to implement world class customer support and operations for Twitter’s products, applications, and platform. We create clarity and focus for the organization to ensure we are meeting our collective, customer focused goals.
To apply for this job please visit careers.twitter.com.