This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on June 5, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of leadership experience, including dealing with confidential and sensitive situations. Project management experience, leading groups of cross-functional stakeholders.
- 2 years of experience in escalation management or similar.
- Ability to work non-standard hours ( e.g., weekends, holidays and on shift-based schedules to provide 24/7 on-call coverage).
- People management or team leadership experience.
- Exceptional communication skills to drive consensus across stakeholders.
- Strategic and analysis skills, including the ability to lead a team to frame problems, structure analyses, and drive to impact.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing industry and tolerate ambiguity while seeking to minimize uncertainty through quantitative insights.
About the job
Fast-paced, dynamic and proactive, YouTube Trust and Safety is dedicated to ensuring that YouTube is a place for users, viewers, and creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
As part of YouTube Trust and Safety, you will be directly responsible for making the Internet safer, protecting free speech and defending our brand. As a Policy Escalations Team Lead on the YouTube Trust and Safety team, you will be responsible for ensuring that our policies are enforced effectively end-to-end, including from the point of identification of possible violation, to removal and appeals. You will work with cross-functional teams to provide YouTube’s response to emerging escalations.You will review graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive video content in line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
- Manage the incident management program for YouTube, including people management of the Policy Escalation Specialists team.
- Evaluate cross-product, high-impact escalations to determine severity, risk and required action.
- Manage policy escalations from start to finish, driving consensus across all stakeholders and developing evaluations to ensure preventative solutions are put in place.
- Become subject matter expert on YouTube’s Community Guidelines, manage related escalations, and drive policy and process improvements across a growing number of policy areas (e.g., Hate/Harassment, Misinformation, Drugs, Adult, Weapons).
- Review graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive video content in line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines and YouTube Partner Program Sensitive policies.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.