This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on June 27, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
As the Risk Intelligence Operations Manager, you will be responsible for accomplishing your objectives and key results through developing strategy, structuring/monitoring work, and empowering your team. You are accountable for maintaining and improving key performance indicators for your team and function.
Specifically, you are responsible to lead the Risk Intelligence Team, which leverages qualitative expertise from senior risk investigators, data analysis on patterns, and external intelligence to find fingerprints of syndicated bad actors, and remove them from Airbnb. Your team will also handle complicated longer term cases. You’ll support your team members, set strategy and vision for the work, and ensure operational KPIs are met. In your risk detection (risk intelligence) work you will work at the bleeding edge of Airbnb’s risk detection strategy for the highest complexity fraud and offline harm cases. In all of your work you will need to know and understand both safety risks, fraud risks, and intersections thereof.
You are also responsible for acting in a contributing role for cross-functional process, product, system, tool or policy development initiatives pursuant to risk detection, online fraud, and offline harm.
- Build a team and deliver against people goals such as developing great team members, fostering team cohesion, strong team engagement, retention and satisfaction (Murmur, upward performance review feedback, action planning as a result of survey(s))
- Support the career path and growth for all team members; coaching and guidance when needed, holding regular career conversations
- Hold team members accountable to expectations and performance manage direct reports
- You role model the core values to your colleagues and team in how you do your job each day.
- Manage a direct team of Operations Specialists, Data Investigators, and Regional Support Coordinators
- Responsible for developing and publishing investigative / intelligence reports to educate internal teams and management teams about new vectors of attack, and provide leadership, Product, Privacy, Policy, CS, Global Crisis Management, legal teams with evidence-based findings and recommendations to mitigate risks.
- Set the Operational Strategy and KPIs for the team.
- Hold self and team accountable for individual and team goals specific to your function
- Advise on and demonstrate best practices for managing, coaching, mentoring, and developing team and managers to further their growth.
- Work closely with the Product teams to drive projects and provide inputs to planning sessions.
- Identify, recommend and implement tool, system, process, or policy changes to improve team performance.
- Visualize and facilitate long-term initiatives and new strategies, best practices, or processes to improve team performance.
- Maintain relationships with third party vendors and internal partnerships.
- Facilitate innovation by empowering teams to shepherd creative ideas or individual projects through appropriate channels.
- Engage and maintain effective relationships with cross-functional partners, stakeholders or external vendors.
- Delegate and prioritize effectively to ensure that individual or team time is focused on high-impact needs.
- Contributes to cultural activities on a recurring basis.
- Operational Management and Rigor
- Influencing and negotiating, stakeholder management; you are a change agent across the Org
- Understanding of metrics & targets baselining
- Root Cause analysis methodology and driving process improvement
- Prior experience in analyzing and interpreting complex data sets
- Ability to analyze data for patterns, trends or developing heuristics
- Qualitative skill in fraud or interpersonal crimes
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Idea-driven, confident and articulate
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Relevant education in business, operations research, economics, data analysis, public policy, a plus
- Preferably 10-12 years experience in the Risk Management job family with at least 5+ years as a manager
- Advanced education in business, criminology, risk, public policy, or related fields is a plus
- Preferred experience with law enforcement, fraud prevention, white collar crime, technology fraud prevention leadership, military, and intelligence
- Demonstrated experience managing an Operational team; managing other people managers is a requirement of the role
- Experience managing a team in the marketplace-platform-company space a plus
- You must be skilled at balancing multiple priorities and thinking strategically.
To apply for this job please visit careers.airbnb.com.