This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 23, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant experience in an analytical role.
- Experience in SQL and relational databases including queries and database definition.
- Experience with one or more programming languages (Python, Java, C++, Ruby or Perl) or in a language for statistical computing (R, SAS, Stata).
- Deep knowledge and interest with how the Internet works, search engines, web industry and technologies, as well as practical experience in qualitative or quantitative analysis.
- Ability to present clear solutions with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing, and ambiguous environment.
- Excellent project management, structured and logical thinking, process optimization, communication and influencing skills.
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
Search Analysts within Trust and Safety at Google work with cutting-edge technologies to improve the quality of Google’s Search results. As part of this team, you will develop and manage cross-functional relationships with Engineering, Product, Legal, and more teams in a multifaceted effort to improve the search experience.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Improve the quality of Google’s search results through investigation, prevention and removal of policy-violating content.
- Troubleshoot issues and identify product vulnerabilities to implement large-scale quality improvements in collaboration with Google Engineering teams.
- Lead projects and cross-functional initiatives within Google, interacting with stakeholders from Engineering, Legal, Product teams and more.
- Develop and share practices for search quality investigation and analysis.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.