This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 19, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
Etsy is looking for a Manager on our Seller Risk team, reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Seller Risk. The ideal candidate will be a proven leader with expertise in people development, policy enforcement and/or fraud or risk mitigation, and experience with e-commerce peer to peer platforms. The Seller Risk team is part of Etsy’s Trust & Safety organization. This role is responsible for directing a team of agents who guide the direction of how Etsy’s seller anti-fraud strategy is crafted, communicated, and enforced. This is full-time position located eventually in either our Hudson or Brooklyn, NY office. Hudson location is preferred. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Seller Risk. We offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2-3 times per week. Remote employment may be considered as long as you can travel to both the Hudson and Brooklyn, NY locations. Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you’ll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
About the Role In this role you will:
- Coach agents on meeting productivity, quality assurance, and career development goals.
- Develop a team of thoughtful, autonomous agents who make strong, business-aligned decisions through ambiguity.
- Support ongoing strategies to quickly and efficiently identify and remove fraudulent sellers from the marketplace, minimizing negative impact to Etsy and our buyers.
- Provide oversight for a scaling risk-based model strategy; identify technical and quality related problems, and facilitate prioritization and implementation of their solutions.
- Provide hands-on mentorship to the team, you help them solve problems, remove obstacles, and grow leadership skills.
- Manage team’s scheduling, and time off requests.
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy’s discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
About You Ideally you’ll bring:
- 3+ years of people management (or a leadership role) with a demonstrated ability in policy enforcement and/or fraud or risk mitigation.
- Proven experience preferably in e-Commerce.
- Strong understanding of fraud attack trends and how to strategize to mitigate exposure.
- Experience adapting to a changing work environment while getting results.
- Steady leadership as someone who motivates others when tasked with complex challenges. You approach obstacles with curiosity and use creative problem solving methods to find quick and effective solutions.
- Comfortable providing and receiving feedback as an everyday practice.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; developing relationships across functions and levels comes naturally to you.
- A track-record of making decisions based on facts, logic, and proven instincts. You gather and utilize data to make informed decisions.
- A trust in and commitment to Etsy’s vision, mission and values.
What’s Next If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about. Our Promise At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
To apply for this job please visit careers.etsy.com.