This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 18, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in data analysis, working with databases, and querying (e.g., SQL, MySQL, MapReduce, Hadoop).
- Experience working with or consulting for digital advertising, ad exchanges or ad tech companies.
- Ability to effectively communicate with care, and work cross-functionally.
- Ability to deliver a polished and professional business and technical pitch to stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Curiosity and a growth mindset, but self-disciplined to complete assigned tasks.
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
Our mission on this team is to deliver the world’s cleanest and most trusted ads ecosystem. Our focus areas are to label all publisher policy violations and ad-serving restrictions, remove and keep bad actors from accessing and monetizing publisher platforms, and build trust by creating a transparent understanding of Google’s publisher policy enforcement internally and externally. On this team, you will lead investigations and build strategies to automate or improve our massively scaled operations. Join our growing, global team of analysts!
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Review flagged entities to develop an understanding of product abuse.
- Lead investigations to detect sophisticated abuse.
- Prepare analysis docs to identify policy and enforcement gaps.
- Challenge the status quo by making data-driven recommendations to product leads.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.