This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on June 29, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
At Eventbrite, we power the opportunity for anyone to gather for their chosen purpose. The integrity of our platform is something we take very seriously, and we are committed to providing a safe, well-lit environment for live experiences. As we grow and scale our business, we face an evolving set of issues surrounding content and platform activity. As a global platform where people share content, interact with one another, and gather in real life, it’s critical that Eventbrite sets clear standards for our community of creators and consumers. Our challenge includes ensuring that these policies are well-researched, clearly defined, and can be enforced consistently at scale.
The Content & Platform Policy team is a small group with diverse backgrounds. We are part of the larger Policy & Platform Operations (PPO) organization, which serves a critical role in allowing our users to experience Eventbrite in a way that fosters trust, safety, diversity, and inclusiveness, while also internally managing certain legal and compliance risks. Our team considers Eventbrite’s values and our user community in creating the guidelines for how to responsibly use our services. We partner closely with Platform Operations, Public Policy, and other internal teams to develop, implement, and refine our policies.
We’re looking for an experienced policy professional to join our Content & Platform Policy team. You will lead the development, documentation, and implementation of Eventbrite’s Community Guidelines and other Terms of Service policies, improving the creator and consumer experience through user education initiatives, and improving overall quality and efficacy of our platform operations teams. You’ll also seek out feedback from internal stakeholders and external experts to inform our policy approaches. You are a self-starter, a collaborative and creative problem solver, and can switch easily between detailed execution and high-level strategic thinking. You thrive in ambiguity and help bring organization and clarity to challenging situations. You can also make difficult decisions under pressure, evaluate high-risk situations objectively, and are a strong communicator.
- Lead the research and development of content & platform policies to address emerging and/or evolving needs within our programs (e.g., objectionable & illegal content, fraudulent activity, chargebacks, refunds)
- Analyze and iterate upon existing policies to ensure consistency with Eventbrite’s values and business strategy
- Build and articulate policy strategy to internal stakeholders
- Project manage policy initiatives, including proactive and ongoing communication with internal stakeholders and partners such as Product, Comms, Finance, Legal, and others
- Serve as subject matter expert and escalation point for complex and/or high-risk evaluations
- Use insights gleaned from trends, novel issues, operational considerations, and other inputs to proactively mitigate risk and to inform and improve our policy programs
- Communicate trends and key results to stakeholders in the organization on a regular basis
- Engage and maintain effective relationships with cross-functional and external partners
- Advise on product changes that affect policy risks and enforcement capabilities
THE SKILL SET
- 8+ years relevant experience in content moderation, trust & safety, or compliance operations, including development of content and/or platform policies
- Strong understanding of content moderation and regulatory trends; can identify and mitigate policy risk areas
- Experience handling complicated escalations and communicating with senior leadership
- Ability to manage multiple fast-moving, and high-priority initiatives simultaneously involving cross-functional teams
- Excellent judgement and critical thinking skills: you can assess numerous inputs, weigh tradeoffs, manage ambiguity, and make difficult decisions
- A skilled relationship builder who maintains collaborative partnerships within your team, across the company, and with outside audiences
- A thoughtful leader with a demonstrated experience leading complex projects and mentoring others
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Jira, Slack, Google Apps, SQL
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
We are currently working on becoming compliant with the new regulations in Colorado. Until we are able to do so, this role cannot be performed in Colorado
To apply for this job please visit www.eventbritecareers.com.