This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on June 5, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of work experience in a related field of Ad security and quality control, Ad Operations, Programmatic buying, Analytics or Consulting.
- Experience with databases and querying languages (SQL, MySQL).
- Experience working with display/video ad platforms.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience with fraud risk management and investigations, Ad Security and Quality control, Ad call chain debugging and/or Ad Operations.
- Understanding of the programmatic ad serving process.
- Ability to identify workflow pain points, optimize and scale processes.
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
Malvertising (a portmanteau of “malicious advertising”) is the use of online advertising to spread malware. Malvertising involves injecting malicious or malware-laden advertisements into legitimate online advertising networks and webpages.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups such as PM, Engineering, Sales and Legal to drive projects to protect users from Malvertising.
- Conduct complex analyses, de-obfuscate encoded codes, reverse engineer, identify spam patterns and build signatures to detect malicious ads and creatives.
- Lead threat intelligence and incident response. Proactively contribute to increasing our ability to triage, respond, and understand advanced threat actors and the tools they use.
- Provide on-call coverage periodically and respond to escalations from internal and external parties within designated service levels.
- Analyze ads call chain to identify different entities (DSP, SSP, Exchange, etc.,). Identify and enforce on accounts and creatives, and spam patterns, develop regular expressions and signatures.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.