This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 16, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Community powers direct relationships and one-on-one conversations between Leaders and their Members through text messaging at scale. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., Community is breaking new ground in trusted marketing and communications channels by connecting Leaders–global pop culture stars, local community organizers, small business owners and brands–to their Members to drive conversations that convert into actions, sales, revenue and more.
About the Role and Your Impact
As Senior Manager, Trust & Safety at Community, you will be the first full-time member of our Trust & Safety team and help us define and build that domain.
What You’ll Do
- Craft and enforce our content policies and enforcement mechanisms
- Proactive planning about future risks and issues
- International policy planning
- Privacy considerations, in conjunction with our privacy counsel
- Identifying, prioritizing, and organizing work around T&S issues
- Appeals and oversight processes
- Working closely with Customer Support
- Carrier relations, in conjunction with our carrier specialists
- Fraud and security issues, in conjunction with our security team
- Internal company education / visibility / promotion of T&S goals and projects
- Help identify and promote needed product features
- External-facing documents, e.g. transparency reports
- Work closely with the Product and Product Legal teams
- Manage key T&S partnerships
- Managing / recruiting advisors as needed
- Policy (public and internal)
- Managing law enforcement requestions
- Prepare plan for team expansion at appropriate time
- Identify the point at which Community can and should incorporate its T&S policies and practices into its brand identity
- Engage in external T&S communities
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years experience in Trust & Safety leadership
- A strong and demonstrated policy background
- A history of working well with customer support, legal, policy, and product teams in cross-functional team settings.
- High emotional intelligence with excellent written and oral communication skills, who is passionate about Trust & Safety, but humble in their approach and self aware of their emotions.
- Passion for raising the bar for content moderation and online engagement
- Genuine care for user experience, safety, and the modern difficulties of online life
- Demonstrated mastery of breaking down complex problems into actionable next steps
- Willingness to learn, grow, and collaborate in a fast-paced startup environment
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.